Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 July 2013
As a follow up to August and Everything After this is a terrific album overall but there are on or two less memorable songs hence only four stars. well worth adding to the collection if you liked the first album. Stand-out songs for me are: Catapult; Daylight Fading; Have you Seen Me Lately; Another Horsedreamer's Blues and Recovering the Satellites.
Like August this is an album that grows on the listener with more listens - worth persevering.
I discovered Counting Crows when my sister bought the sheet music to August and everything after. I immediately loved the style of music and that album was my favourite, but my sister has it so i only have tapes of it. When i bought Recovering The Satalites I felt that the music was more upbeat, but loved every single song on it. Goodnight Elizabeth has to be my favourite, but I find no faults with any of the songs. A well deserved 5 out of 5.
on 27 February 2002
Although not as universially astounding as the first album, Recovering the Satellites is still one of the best albums out there and consolidates Adam Duritz's place as one of the most gifted voices of his generation and you can't help but imagine if Bob Dylan played electric instruments he'd sound something like this.
This album takes you everywhere from the hard-rockin', gut wrenching angst of Angels of the Silences through to the more somber and heartfelt Goodnight Elizabeth that is so great it has been known to bring a tear to my eye. The standout tune for me, however, is Another Horsedreamer's Blues shifts through so many gears musically and lyrically tells a story most people can relate to and compares to Crash Into Me by the Dave Matthews Band in sheer flare and style.
Counting Crows raises the bar and anyone who can appreciate music can appreciate them on a number of levels. If you're still not sure about them August and Everything After is probably more accessible but why waste time, buy them both.
on 12 July 2015
Have to say this is a poor Crows record when stood along side most if not all their catalogue . No stand out songs for me just another bunch of fast rock songs ; no light and shade, no memorable hooks and one cd that will get very little playing time from me !
on 5 December 2015
Some very strong songs and a couple of week ones but overall very happy. Stand out tracks for me are: Catapult, Daylight Fading, Children in Bloom, Have you seen me lately and A Long December.
on 1 November 1999
Great in a different way to the debut August... rockier and more angsty, but still containing fince tunes, although somemay say there are too many tracks.
on 31 October 1999
Much heavier than "August and Everything After" but the songs are still beautifully constructed with great tunes and lyrics.
on 10 June 2013
Saw Counting Crows for the first time this year. Had one CD, i'm now catching up. A band that's stayed fresh and kept high standerds
on 19 August 2003
Recovering the Satellites is by far and away the best Counting Crows album to date. Songs such as Recovering the Satellites, Angels of the Silences, I'm Not Sleeping and Goodnight Elizabeth are among the most memorable of all songs by CC. I find myself returning again and again to this album, which I believe merits a far better reputation than it has at present. The songs have far more character than the washed-out, forgettable August and Everything After, a shadow of this album. In the CD Live Across a Wire, which includes two American concerts, you may notice that the majority of songs are from Recovering the Satellites. This is no coincidence! Buy this CD!
on 9 July 2014
A good album, not their best but still ok.