5.0 out of 5 stars A seemingly darker 'Flag
This album sounds a lot darker, a lot heavier than their previous work.
When I first bought this, I spent hours listening to the title track, an angry, driven song with an amazing chorus; "I wanna be the bullet that goes ripping through your skull: In my head..."
"Out of this world" is another great 'metaphorical/poetic' song, describing how
"I was killed...
Published on 23 Mar 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh how the mighty fell.
For a brief period Black Flag were the best punk band on the planet.

It's hard to believe it was three short years from the genius of Damaged to this.

And what is this? Well, it's stodgy, fuzzy, lumpy heavy metal. It's dire. Absolutely dire.

Buy Damaged and My War and you're done as far as BF are concerned.

Did I mention that...
Published on 1 Sep 2009 by Flairy Good

5.0 out of 5 stars A seemingly darker 'Flag, 23 Mar 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: In My Head [VINYL] (Vinyl)
This album sounds a lot darker, a lot heavier than their previous work.
"Out of this world" is another great 'metaphorical/poetic' song, describing how
"I was killed by a girl at the side of the road, I'm out cold and I'm never coming to."
I don't think I've heard a 'Flag song like "You Let Me Down" before, but its one of those songs that will pop into your head when someone either betrays you, or falls short of expectations.
It's the closest 'Flag ever came to Melancholy.
"You let me down, and I'm not mad at you or anything, I'm just let down: You let me down..."

"I Can See You" Is just plain weird.
Fans of 'Flag won't be dissapointed, and as for anyone new to the band: the music was never punk, it was Black Flag.
Legends in their own right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Flag's gem, 9 Mar 2010
This review is from: In My Head (Audio CD)
This is Black Flag's best album by a mile. I love the dissonance of it and the brutal lyrics. "In my head" is a personal favourite with the killer chorus mentioned already, along with "Paralysed" and "Black Coffee".
I think this sound is what Black Flag had always been striving for but never quite achieved.

5.0 out of 5 stars SWAN'S SONG !!!, 30 Mar 2007
JUAN MARTIN GABASTOU (Weston Hills, FL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: In My Head (Audio CD)
Last of all BFlag's studio albums. Slower and yet more experimental than former albums, with a Black Sabbathian edge to it's hardcore sound but without resorting to metal. Rollins'voice is lower in the mix than ever before and weirdly echoey but certainly gets the job done. Excellent drumming as usual and just as in Loose Nut, Ginn's guitar solos are more restrained and rock'n roll oriented without loosing their manic edge. Production is slick and polished like no other BFlag record though recording volume is incredibly low and tonal quality and volume varies enourmously from one song to another. No Flag's fan can do without this cd with it's also longer than average, 42 '!!! ESSENTIAL !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh how the mighty fell., 1 Sep 2009
This review is from: In My Head (Audio CD)
For a brief period Black Flag were the best punk band on the planet.

Buy Damaged and My War and you're done as far as BF are concerned.

Did I mention that this album is dire?

In My Head
In My Head by Black Flag (Audio CD - 2013)