5.0 out of 5 stars Man in his prime, 17 Mar 2007
This review is from: Complete Library of Congress Recordings (Audio CD)
This is not one of those late discoveries that we read about in books about the blues. John Lomax, with a rather bullying tone that indicates a sense of superiority that riles me, interposes several interviews within Willie's excellent vocal and instrumental performances. The voice and twelve string guitar are high in the mix, and sound good. Willie sings warmly and gently, and with confidence; he only lacks it when Lomax asks him questions, blaming his clear sense of unease upon 'an accident' So, we get blues, some chillingly beautiful religious music, and a social document of a very talented and intelligent but blind black musician whose a living but forgotten legend, dealing with a white Texan whose full of himself. I suppose we must also give Lomax some credit for being in the right place and providing us with all this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lived up to expectations, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Complete Library of Congress Recordings (Audio CD)
Having read Michael Gray's book "Hand me down my travelling shoes" about Blind Willie McTell I was intrigued by the episode with the Lomaxes and needed to hear the 'interviews' for myself. fascinating stuff and great to hear BWT himself. his playing is terrific as on most of his recorded material. this is a significant historical record.

5.0 out of 5 stars blues, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: Complete Library of Congress Recordings (Audio CD)
just what i wanted.Did not have same cover as shown on Amazon but nothing to maon about

Complete Library of Congress Recordings
Complete Library of Congress Recordings by Blind Willie McTell (Audio CD - 2009)