Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 December 2000
Dave McClains influence as the new drummer on the block sees Machine Head take a slightly different sound on their crushing second album. Heavy? this is heavy than a ten tonn hammer as track one is called. It has it all, and even that. Thrash metal, slow heavy riffs, hardcore off beat drum pattens, moody slow intros and crushing tunes, it even has "Take My Scars". What else can I say, what else do I need to say, Dave McClain is an awesome drummer, Machine Head are an awesome band and "The more things change..." is an awesome aslbum.
on 31 May 2001
What can I say this is another great album from MH. Tracks like Ten Ton Hammer, Struck a Nerve, Spine, Bay of Pigs, Violate and Blistering really stand out however I feel it lacks that all round feel that Burn my Eyes has. If you are going to buy a Machine Head album for the first time buy Burn my Eyes because it has that consistency this album just lacks. But still this is an excellent album and I am not easy pleased.
on 7 June 2003
The More things change is goood, but not excellent. If you want to try out machine head, i sugggest you buy burn my eyes because that is a perfect album compared to this.
This one is good but it would never beat burn my eyes in a million years!
on 28 September 2001
Probably Machine Heads best album it starts of heavy and finishs heavy with tracks like take my scars and blistering you cant help but go crazy to this ablum if you like huge riffs and monster vocals than this is a must bye album
I love it!!!
on 27 December 2013
I bought this for my Fiance and he loved it, He's been waiting to get it for ages so I bought it for him. Came in good packaging and came in good time! Would definitely recommend!
on 12 February 2015
Great delivery time and good quality and exactly as described. Will definitely be making more purchases from here!
on 21 May 2013
I have loved machine head for ages. This is a great cd full of agression and yet a truly brilliant sound.
on 3 August 2000
In my opinion this is the best Machine Head album to date.Ten Ton Hammer rates up there as one of the band's greatest songs along with Davidian and the masterful 'From This Day'.
Machine Head have done it again.
on 23 August 2006
I challenge anyone to sit through this album's first five tracks without wanting to jump around like a demented monkey and break furniture. The energy of this music is just incredible. It's like having a live cable stuck up your nought and the switch flipped. Not only that but the tunes are so brilliantly orchestrated, with no predictable verse chorus verse cliches in sight. The final cherry are the intelligent lyrics (yes, on a metal album) which dwell on the usual subjects of disenchantment with society, alienation but also take some nice digs at lying, scumsucker politicians. Along with Soulfly and Down, Machine Head rule the metal roost.
on 29 April 2015