5.0 out of 5 stars Great place to start, 5 Jun 2006
P. Bryant (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: God, Time & Causality (Audio CD)
Fahey at the peak of his powers revisits some of his favourite themes from his first golden decade, twisting and winding them into long mesmerising medleys. Very beautiful. Then because there are always surprises on a Fahey record, we get "Sandy on Earth" which is a complete departure, utterly different from anything else he ever did, with flamenco flourishes and many intricate sections, hook lines, riffs and melodies all jammed together in 20 minutes of complete incoherence - a stone masterpiece. With Merle Travis' version of "I'll See You in my Dreams" tacked on to send us off with a smile. But we were smiling already.

Solo steel string open tuned American primitive guitar perfection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential John Fahey for beginners & collectors!, 18 May 2013
This review is from: God, Time & Causality (Audio CD)
I've been listening to this record for a few weeks now, and although it was one the last John Fahey albums I got round to buying it does sound like it would be a superb introduction for anyone not familiar with the man's work.

Released on Shanachie in 1989, but possibly recorded a year or two earlier, here John has re-recorded many of his earlier works, adding on a new 16 minute piece, the medley "Sandy On Earth" / "I'll See You In My Dreams", just to tempt collectors no doubt!

*Warning*
If you buy this record be prepared to get sucked into the wonderful addiction of wanting to check out all the other remarkable John Fahey records.

God, Time & Causality
God, Time & Causality by John Fahey (Audio CD - 2000)