Format: Audio CD|Change

Tim's first album, a solidly traditional country album, was a flop. His second, rooted in tradition but with a contemporary edge, gave him his breakthrough with Indian outlaw. This album built upon that success and had more of a contemporary sound though it should still appeal to many traditional country fans, though Tim's fourth album (Everywhere, the album that firmly established Tim as a major country star) has much more of a contemporary feel to it.
Tim's voice, a sort of cross between John Anderson and Kenny Rogers, may not appeal to everybody (whether set to contemporary or traditional backing) but I love it. There are many wonderful songs, both ballads and up-tempo. The most instantly memorable song her is the catchy, upbeat song, I like it I love it, while other great songs include All I want is a life and She never lets it get to her heart. Other highlights include I didn't ask and she didn't say, The great divide and Don't mention Memphis.
For those fans that like their country music to at least have some connection with tradition, this may be the last of Tim's albums that they can enjoy. I also like some of his later albums (especially Everywhere) but this is a very enjoyable album.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 December 2007
Tim McGraw just seems to have the knack when it comes to making albums. Great songs, great players, a healthy dose of variety, excellent production and his expressive voice is his usual recipe and you get all of that with 'All I Want'. Of all the many styles Tim tackles so well, for me, his speciality are the poignant 'story songs' he produces. This time out we get 4 and they are all classic Tim. 'Can't Be Really Gone' will make you cry for sure while 'I Didn't Ask And She Didn't Say' will pull at the heartstrings of anyone who ever had a childhood sweetheart. 'The Great Divide' is a sad song about a long dead relationship but it's a song that just could bring a few marriages back from the dead and 'When She Wakes Up (And Finds Me Gone) is likely to make a few of us men feel a bit guilty. Still, if those songs tug at the emotions, you can always cheer yourself up with the buoyant and playful ' I Like It, I Love it' which is a great party song and will get you dancing! Opener "All I Want Is A Life' is a song that anyone whose ever been in debt will appreciate the sentiments of and 'That's Just Me' is a nice introspective but upbeat song to finish on. Add to all these gems a few 'traditional country' style songs like 'She Never Let's It Go To Her Heart' and 'Renegade' and you have a great album listen. Not many are as consistent as Tim McGraw and even if you've just discovered the man you should buy this. A sure fire winner.
I first came across the singer Tim McGraw when I was in America back in 1996 when I was there on holiday. I head the local country and western radio channel play a couple of his songs off his latest album. I really enjoyed listening to him so I decided I’d like to get one of his albums.

Whilst shopping in one of the malls I went to have a look in the record store and I listen to thee of his albums. The first I bought was “Tim McGraw”, (his 1993 album), the second was “Not and Moment too Soon, and his third is this one called “All I want”.

I love both traditional country and western as well as the up-tempo modern country and western.

I love his voice ad he sings some great country and western songs.

If you were to ask me do I have a favourite I’d have to say yes. It’s the entire CD I really love listening to all the songs.

Tim has gone from strength to strength with each album he’s released.

This is a great album to have and I’m pleased it’s in my collection. :-)
on 16 October 2012
All I want is to listen to Tim sing all day. This album has some of my very favourites on it. Loved it.
on 4 March 2014
Another great album with a variety of up beat numbers as well as the slower tracks that make you think about life in general. Really enjoyed it.
on 6 July 2014
very good album, listen to it often
on 23 February 2012
Came as described and I loved how prompt the service was. My CD plays beautifully and I love listening to it! Thanks for your A++++ service, great value too!
on 10 December 2014
Bought for my dad, he loved it!
on 1 August 2014