Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 June 2001
A tremendous collection of each British Army Regiment's own 'signature' tune.
From well known marches like 'The Radetsky' to lesser known tunes like 'The days we went a gipsying', they are all beautifully played by the Band of the Coldstream Guards in quicktime pace, ( 116 beats per minute ).
Together with Vol. 2, these great recordings will turn your living room into Horse Guards Parade !
on 27 November 2009
This compilation, performed by the outstanding Coldstream Guards Regimental Band, consists of a host of Regimental marches from Regiments, many of which are now long gone. Brilliantly performed and highly recommended for those with a liking for stirring military music at its very best.
on 12 July 2012
Very good mixture of marches from many British Army Regiments. They remind me of the tunes I used to play when I was a Bandsman.
on 16 February 2013
I liked the music because it reminded me of watching the Trooping of the Colour which was televised annually when I was a child and it brought back good memories. I liked the formation marching and the smart uniforms (I hope the bearskin hats have been replaced by synthetic these days!!!) of the men. It's good music for playing while I do the housework, espcially the luxing and mopping which I abhor. Recommended for those people who like order in their lives even when they aren't at work and for those who just enjoy historical music.
on 24 July 2011
First class CD listen while using execise machine. March along quite happily to the music.Reminds me of my younger Service days
on 9 July 2010
these are great cd's and as a service band musician i find that they are all great military music recordings thanks Mark k
on 6 October 2013
A great selection of popular tunes by one of the best military bands in the country, suitable for all military brass enthusiasts.
on 30 September 2010
A lot of the regiments, that marched to these regimental tunes, no longer exist. A lot of it goes back to the days of the county regiments and in effect local music to the soldiers of that regiment. Days of yore, yes, but a time when the British Army could afford its bands and bandsmen and every regiment had its own band. There is nothing to beat a good regimental band marching in front of its regiment through the cities and towns it recruits from. This music brings back those days and is well worth the money.
on 1 July 2014
Bought on a whim. There are some very good tracks here. Reminds me of my childhood listening to various amateur/military bands at the local bandstand.
on 14 February 2013
Spent over 33 years in the Army and still get a thrill when the band strikes up. Good recording by the Coldstream Guards Band.