Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 November 2002
Check out the song titles. And what do you think Dana Gillespie might be singing about on this album?
Yes, you guessed right... there's a distinctly smutty tendency to these tunes, a delight in the double entendre and the odd hint of downright filth. But there's also some superbly understated blues playing, casually excellent singing and a real sense of fun. Some of the songs are blues classics and some are Gillespie originals, and without the sleeve notes you'll never tell the difference.
I think this album is a compilation from several earlier albums, and it's a corker. Buy it and enjoy...
on 28 June 2014
I thought I'd increase my downloads of Dana's catalogue of albums and leapt on this one as it is a great representation of her tongue-in-cheek boogie blues tastes and has nearly 76 minutes of tracks. I still find it hard to believe that she is the same Dana Gillespie that used to try to be a groovy pop star back when Bowie hit the big time as Ziggy. Thank gawd she ended up doing stuff like this instead. I truly love this album, but then I love 'Experienced', 'Hot Stuff', 'Big Boy', and ' Staying Power' too. Put it this way,I much prefer to listen to raunchy Dana singing her innuendo laden treats than listening to all those self censoring liars telling us how they (don't) feel.Incidentally, if you want to hear what is probably the first ever recording of the track 'One Hour Mama' that is on this album, check out the version by Victoria Spivey. Brilliant. You'd probably like Victoria Spivey if you like Dana. Victoria Spivey was doing great blues stuff,including songs with very suggestive, tongue-in-cheek, lyrics well over 70 years ago. Check her out.

Eamonn
Dana gives some of her best performances on this album. Maybe not for 'junior's ears but the lyrics are humorous whilst the vocal and players perform brilliantly.
Grab an earful!