5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 4 Jun 2008
M. Cheung (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Illustration Play: Craving for the Extraordinary (Paperback)
I bought this very recently and have enjoyed every page. The book looks at a range of artists with a different approach to creating their visual art. From screenprinting to papercutting to stitch and embroidery (and many more). There are short interviews on the artists giving an idea on their take of Art.

If you like artwork with a different approach, I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Aug 2009
N. Garrow - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic, all the artists in this book are excellent and their work is so individual and often breathtaking. I am so glad I purchased this book, it really gets the creative juices flowing and shows exactly what some of us are capable of if we put our mind to it.
I love the way the pages in the book change colour and material throughout and the interviews with the artists at the end gives a real insight.
Oh and the cover is great too!
I definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bootiful!, 22 Dec 2011
Saw this book in a shop ages ago, and put it on the 'I'll buy that when I get home' list. I am really glad that I did. This book is beautiful, with lots of gorgeous and inspiring pictures. I found it particularly appealing as I am a textile artist, and this seemed to feature a lot of textile/ embroidery based illustration work. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in illustration, or just creativity in general. A really nice coffee table book.

Illustration Play: Craving for the Extraordinary
Illustration Play: Craving for the Extraordinary by Gingko Press (Paperback - 1 Nov 2007)
Used & New from: £9.22