4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Good Value
Published 22 months ago by Chris in Hampshire

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suit for purpose
Sadly, this seat belt snapped when I used the breaks of my car slightly harder throwing my dog to the floor.

I wouldn't recommend it.
Published 16 months ago by Carolina Sharps

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Good Value, 2 May 2013
Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
I would first like to say that the description is misleading. This item is NOT a harness. It is an adjustable strap restraint that clips into the seatbelt socket of your car and then needs to be clipped on a Dog Harness - one that is specifically designed for car restraint (not a normal walking harness). The harness MUST have a wide padded chest area with strong straps and fasteners. This Dog Seat Belt Restraint must NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, be attached to the dog's collar. In a collision or an emergency stop, if this restraint (or any similar restraint) is clipped to a collar, it will break the dog's neck.

This restraint is very cheap and for the money, quite good quality. We have a current model Kia Picanto and the seat belt part of the restraint fits in with no problem and similarly can be removed with no problem. The bolt clip to attach to the harness ring is of a good size and fits the purpose. There is plenty of adjustment so that your dog can be restrained and able to sit up and look out of the car, or to lie down. Our car is a hatchback and we have a dog hammock type cover that fits over the back seat and up on to the headrests of the front seats. The hammock has access slits so there is access to the seatbelt stalks. We would not put the dogs in the back of the hatchback as a rear end shunt would most surely mean they would be injured or even killed as modern cars have crumple zones.

Update 19/9/13
Both the dogs are in the car nearly every day. Some journeys are local and some much longer. These restaints are used on every occasion to attach to the dogs harnesses, to keep them safe. I am very happy to say that they are as good now as they were when I first bought them. They have not shown any wear and have not stretched or changed in any way. "Amber" the bigger dog, can be a bit fidgety at times and as she weighs just over 19 kilos that could possibly be enough to stretch or cause some wear and tear. These Dog Harness Restraint are cheap but the quality isn't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suit for purpose, 22 Oct. 2013

I wouldn't recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dog seat belt, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
It does exactly what you need it to do - easily attached to a harness and I like the way it slots into the seat belt 'holder' - only disadvantage with two dogs on the back seat, if they've enough room to move, they can get tangled!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish for big dogs, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
No good for big dogs. Actually probably rubbish for any dog. One yank from my dog and the buckle popped straight out. Within a day travelling to France the whole thing fell apart. Very cheap product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying, 11 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
Does not fit my car seat belt clip, so totally useless. Not worth returning. Took weeks to arrive only to go in the bin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for restraining the dog in the car, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
I bought 2 belts one for my Cocker Spaniel who's 2 years old and the other for my son's dog
which is a 2 month old Lab, and they work very well

4.0 out of 5 stars Early days., 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
Does the job, cannot argue with that. As to its use over time who can say. Simply because the metal is a bit thin.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just does the job., 19 April 2013
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
Looking at both metal pieces there a bit rough around the edges, braided black strap a bit on the thin side, and stitching to hold it altogether, could be a bit better. Unfortunately i dont think the makers have ever considered that dogs chew things. I will examine it before each journey and you must do the same. But on the good side its very cheap, and i only do a few short run a week.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but Beware, this doesn't fit all car models!, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
I bought 3 of these, one for my new rescue dog and one each for two friends' dogs. I'm very happy with the seat belt lead but would prefer it if I could shorten it slightly more. My dogs are a small breed and don't necessarily need such a long length.
One of my friends fastened it to her dog in her Volvo and ended up having to take her car to a garage to dismantle the seat belt because it buckled and jammed . This is not a universal dog seat belt coupling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend especially for big dogs like Dobes, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black (Misc.)
I'm glad I bought this as we go on long car journeys to big Forest parks with my son & our big Doberman. The boot is normally full of the usual buggy/walking boots picnic etc etc so the dog has to sit on the back seat. I was always worried that (god forbid) we had an accident & the dog would either go through the windscreen or the big heavy brute would bounce of my son & really hurt or seriously injure him. This belt is great if you use it with a harness, I wouldn't recommend a dog lead as it will not give a 'good hold' of the dog & could also strangle the dog. It clips onto the back of the harness on her back & gives her enough room to move & get comfy yet keeping her tight into the back of the seat. My dog is a nightmare for getting over excited when she knows she's going out on a big forest walk & if you stop off at the garage etc then she automatically thinks she's arrived & tries to escape so this belt prevents her getting out! It also came in handy when we had to stop the car at the side of the road to clean up my sons nosebleed, we knew the dog was secure so didn't have to juggle holding her collar whilst trying to use my body as a barricade for the open door that I was half in & half out

Dog Seat Belt lead restraint harness Black