Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 February 2013
Paris Sketchbook is a delightful collection of watercolour sketches of the City of Light, brought together by insightful descriptions. All of the major attractions are illustrated (Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, etc.) but I found the most satisfying pictures were those of little streets and byways, for example, a delicious picture of a side street in Belleville. A delight in every way.
on 28 September 2015
I bought this as a present for an artistic person. In fact, I cut out an ad from a newspaper years ago. I found it recently and looked on Amazon to see if I could still get the book. I must say it's a beautiful book, full of sketches and watercolours, accompanied by explanations. I think it would make anyone want to visit Paris. I love it, even though I'm not artistic myself!
on 17 November 2013
We visit Paris fairly regularly to see family living there and this book is a real pleasure to own and brings back lots of lovely memories of wandering through the streets admiring the buildings.
on 16 February 2016
A beautiful book for those that know and love Paris. I am delighted I have bought it and will get great enjoyment from looking at the sketches and reading the words on a regular basis.
on 28 November 2013
This was fro a friend's birthday last Tuesday, she goes to Paris a lot and knows it very well, she was very pleased with the lovely sketches.
on 6 January 2015
Great artistic pictures with many of sites in Paris not on the usual tourist trail. The writing with it gives a real feeling for the city
on 28 June 2013
Lovely water-colour illustrations along with informative script on different parts of Paris. Not a guide book but a joy to own.
on 4 May 2015
I have the Venice sketchbook and the London sketchbook, both a delight. This one however is absolutely plain, I wouldn't have guessed what city it is of, it leaves me cold and I don't think it captures anything specific of the place...
on 1 January 2015