Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 October 2001
London Sketchbook is the definitive guide and souvenir to the big sights as well as the more intimate nooks of the British Capital.
Architecturally correct while retaining his individual style, Graham Byfields' palette is much enhanced by his instinctive inclusion of the white of the page in his drawings and watercolours.
The text by Marcus Binney introduces each London area, with the facts and history of the great and the quirky finding an equal share of the limelight. Whether you walk or ride, you will delight in your newly acquired knowledge. The detailed descriptions of each painting and drawing in the artists' own handwriting lends extra charm.
You can hear the swish of Black Taxi Cab tyres on wet plane leaves, laugh with jugglers, or breathe in aromas from ethnic restaurants, all the time discovering new facets of the unique gem this beautiful book shows London to be.
From cover to cover including everything between them, each page refreshes the eye, whether in a sprawling double page spread or in a tiny pencilled cameo.
Together, artist and author allow London to star in a collection of stunning images and informative paragraphs, a book to be treasured and shared, time and again.
on 13 April 2011
Superb Pictures, ideal for a present for those with an interest in the City. Byfield has a superb touch and captures the subject well.London Sketchbook: A City Observed (Sketchbooks)
on 22 May 2013
This is a wonderfulbook with many pictures of interesting London scenes and the accompanying texts give so much background information. I spent several evenings just leafing through the pages and it has gone on to my bookshelf as a long term tenant as I am sure I will be returning to it many times to just browse or to check up on particular buildings.

One of my better buys!
on 13 August 2013
I met Graham at a festival in Menorca a lovely man, he opened up his gallery that evening just so I could have a look. My wife bought me the book and I wasn't disappointed, excellent quality paper and fantastic artwork, well work buying, a lovely present.
on 8 May 2015
Of the three books of this series I own (Venice, Paris, London), this one is my favourite; if the Venice watercolours are by far the most beautiful of the lot, the London ones do capture the atmosphere and appearance of the city very very well. Besides, the text about London is much more interesting: without loosing a dreamy touch, it is full of informative anecdotes of London's past that have shaped it till today. A pleasure, spending time with this book feels like one of those walks in London in one of those days in which everything happens to be ideal and has the strongest possible flavour.
on 2 March 2013
I love this series of books - and London Sketchbook is no disappontment. I will definitely collect more titles as I travel to the destinations available.
on 24 March 2013
It describes the city in detail and with accuracy and the sketches in it are beautiful. However some of the pictures lack real detail.
on 21 December 2012
This book was a perfect gift for a very good friend who is fanatically interested in all aspects of London.
on 22 November 2014
I was very satisfied with both the condition of my used copy and with the content of the book. The drawings are very charming and one gets a "feeling" for the place that's illustrated. I would recommend this book if you enjoy traveling and watercolours.
on 3 May 2016
Beautifully detailed illustrations, wonderful colours just the right amount of information covering such a variety, my husband was thrilled to receive it as a present and many people have commented on it and enjoyed looking through.