5.0 out of 5 stars Cyprus Insight Travel Map - vital to travelling by car
Published on 11 Nov. 2009 by Mrs. M. E. Clarke

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much use ...
Very disappointed with this item. The level of detail on the map is very poor: by way of example the "new" motorway around the south and east of the island (which has been open for a few years as far as I can tell) does not even have Junction numbers marked; neither do many of what I would call B - and even A - roads have their road numbers marked.

All in all I...
Published on 12 July 2012 by Somerset_Homeworker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cyprus Insight Travel Map - vital to travelling by car, 11 Nov. 2009
Mrs. M. E. Clarke (Guildford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
If travelling by car in Cyprus, it is essential to buy a good road map in advance; free ones given away by the car hire companies or travel agents are not a large enough scale. This is 1:200,000 and it includes the motorways which now connect Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol and Paphos. Place names are given in their alternative forms - we wouldn't have known, for instance, that Nicosia is Lefkosia.
The town maps are not bad, but not as good as those in the Rough Guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great map, 2 July 2009
Mrs. C. Peters "Dundee Scotty" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
I purchased this map for our recent trip to Cyprus - it provided everything we needed - detailed road maps as well as street maps for the major cities. Great buy and will save for our next trip to Cyprus. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars CYPRUS MAP, 18 May 2009
Gw Zimmerman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
This map proved to be ideal during our recent visit to Cyprus. Good, accurate detail, coupled with ease of use made our trip error-free. It was so good that on our last day when helping a Dutch couple find their way around, they asked me to sell it to them, which I reluctantly did, as I can always get another one if the occasion arises

5.0 out of 5 stars cyprus map, 24 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
we reviewed several maps before choosing this one and had no regrets about the choice. during 1200 miles on the island we never swore at the map - which is unusual!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cyprus road map, 7 Jun. 2010
T. J. Sowerbutts (U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
I found this map to be very useful as I was unable to use my GPS system. It would appear that maps of Cyprus are unavailable, which was surprising. It just goes to prove that even in this digital age a good old fashioned paper map can be essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Cyprus road map, 1 April 2010
Mr. I. J. Hunt (UK Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
Excellant road map of Cyprus. Very clear and very easy to read.A must have if you hire a car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 3 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
If you are hiring a car you need this map. Some of the roads need to be tackled in a 4x4 but can be great fun, you can really see Cyprus off the tourist routes, knowing you can find your way back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much use ..., 12 July 2012
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)

All in all I would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Driver's delight, 26 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
An excellent map. Simple yet comprehensive with alternative names where appropriate.Takes the strain out of driving - and being navigated!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good general Cyprus map, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus (Map)
Just used this map for a week long trip to Cyprus. In combination with the good state of roads and OK state of signage in Cyprus, this map gave us sufficient detail to navigate to several places around the island. Consider getting this, not paying for a GPS map, and learning the geography better as you go!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus
Insight Travel Maps: Cyprus by Insight (Map - 5 Feb. 2009)
Used & New from: £1.27