4.0 out of 5 stars great pocket phrase book

Useful phrase book - only niggles were:
Published 18 months ago by I. E. Colbourne

4.0 out of 5 stars great pocket phrase book, 10 Jan 2010
Nicholas Saunders "Nick" (Derby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berlitz: Romanian Phrase Book & Dictionary (Berlitz Phrasebooks) (Paperback)
This is a great phrase book for anyone looking to learn the basics of this beautiful language. There is certainly enough to help you for a holiday or even a few months in Romania or Moldova. It's very helpful, as it shows how to pronounce everything properly and has a fe pages dedicated to pronounciation. For those that want to learn more, there is even a few handy pages of grammar, which look at the few basic principles of the grammar. However, if you are looking to learn even more, then I would recommend also purchasing Teach Yourself Romanian Book/CD Pack (Teach Yourself Complete Courses)...this includes a cd for you to practice pronounciation against...very useful when used in conjunction with this phrase book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phrase book, 23 Oct 2011
John Knottenbelt "jknotten2" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Berlitz keep to a standard format, you get the information you need very easily and pronunciation is not bad. Of course the problem with all phrase books is that you don't get much grammar and you usually don't understand the reply, but that is your problem for not knowing the language. Really a useful aid to saying hello, talking to the taxi driver and asking directions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Romanian phrase book by Berlitz, 18 Dec 2013
Like all the other Berlitz phrase books, this one is excellent but again as in all the other series, the imitated pronunciation entries do not cater for the varius dialects in Great Britain so that some of the pronunciation renderings are not at all accurate and could cause embarassment if imitated abroad in the local language concerned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berlitz Romanian phrasebook review, 23 Feb 2013
Was a really good book . Not only does it give translation it also gives pronunciation . Very handy size as well easy to carry in handbag.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for trekkers, 15 Jan 2013
Thinking about trekking in the Carpathians, Fageras or Retezat mountain ranges. Take this for when you meet civilisation and need to converse. Lightweight too.

2.0 out of 5 stars No domestic phrases, 27 Dec 2012
Only for travellers, it has very few domestic phrases. But it has a useful grammar summary. Will not be used much

3.0 out of 5 stars ok phrase book, 25 Sep 2012
I. E. Colbourne (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
Useful phrase book - only niggles were:
- it advised me to send my post cards from my hotel rather the post office (to avoid queues at the post office) - however when I asked my hotel in Bucharest (who had been very helpful during my stay) to do so just as I was getting a taxi to the airport they told me they didn't provide this service & as far as they were aware other hotels couldn't do so either ...
- it seemed to contain largely rather formal versions of greetings, which weren't that easy to remember, whereas my general Rough Guide to Romania included less formal versions that were easier so I ended up using them more. Also I observed less formal/easier to remember versions being used by Romanian people in their interactions. Given the option I'd rather use the less formal version if it's easier than fail to remember the more complex formal version & end up getting tongue tied &/or using English

4.0 out of 5 stars Berlitz Romanian phrase book and dictionary., 8 Sep 2012
This book was smaller than I expected, but that turned out to be a good thing, since the book fits in a pocket and can be pulled out when you feel like reading or need it. There isn't a Romanian-English dictionary, just English-Romanian, so I occasionally get stuck with some of the words in the phrase section. But on the whole it's a good book to start you off with the language. It has a section on grammar and one on pronunciation, both good. The other sections cover various themes such as eating out, etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Learn Romanian, 12 Aug 2009
I think this book is quiet good. I am going to Romania and I hope this will help me there.
All the best :)

ARRAY(0xb46d93a8)

Berlitz: Romanian Phrase Book & Dictionary (Berlitz Phrasebooks)
Used & New from: 4.04