4.0 out of 5 stars Mark
This is a very good product for people who have a reasonable understanding of German already. Good for brushing up and learning a little more.
Published on 8 Sept. 2009 by Mr. Chapman

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very challenging or well produced.
Published on 19 Nov. 2010 by Jaq Draco

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very challenging or well produced., 19 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Berlitz Language: Advanced German (Berlitz Advanced) (Audio CD)
This is the first Berlitz language product I've bought. I've been learning German three years now. I wouldn't say I can 'speak' German, my abilities certainly couldn't be described as conversational, yet after working through the first section I'm rather bored. Many of the exercises aren't challenging or well thought out at all. Exercise 19 for example asks you to rewrite given sentences in another tense, but it just requires you change the tense of one verb in each sentence using a table on the same page. Absolute no-brainer stuff. Advanced German? I'd hate to see what their intermediate course looks like. Production standards are low. Page 15- the verb is 'arbeiten', not 'arbeitan'. Couldn't they use a spellchecker? There's a CD with about 90 mins of material, but having listened to a few exercises it seems they just repeat each one twice, so 45 mins of material may be closer to the mark. If this is advanced language skills I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here. Not to a Berlitz product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mark, 8 Sept. 2009
Mr. Chapman - See all my reviews

Berlitz Language: Advanced German (Berlitz Advanced)
Berlitz Language: Advanced German (Berlitz Advanced) by Berlitz (Audio CD - 18 Nov. 2008)
Used & New from: £20.75