on 13 June 2010
As usual, Berlitz came up trumps with their handy pocket guides - always so easy to slip into a pocket during the day's expeditions. Descriptions of Sardinia were adequate enough, but I personally would have liked a larger selection of recommended hotels and restaurants for the island. Also some of the places we found were not included in the guide; such as L'Agnata, an eco-tourism farmhouse which is stunning and Argentiere, an abandoned mining village which is well worth a visit for its stunning beach and silent film-set feel. But of course, I appreciate no guide can cover everything and there will always be eateries and attractions travellers find for themselves.
But this is not really a criticism. I still feel you can't beat good old Berlitz for quick reference and a compact, overall view of where you are going. My shelf is crammed with Berlitz guides for all over the world - they are like a comfortable and reliable travelling companion!
on 16 September 2009
Just returned from a holiday in Sardinia, this book is very useful and gives you enough information about eating out and places to go. Its size means you can keep it in your handbag where ever you are. Lots of great pics, I would recommend this book. I also bought the new DK Sardinia book to go with it.
on 12 June 2013
Handy pocket size guide book, would like a bit more detail on each arwa, as it only gives a brief summary and the maps arent great quality but it should do the job
on 6 May 2015
I know Berlitz and they are excellent, I love holding a book and so easy on a flight than having a pc on holiday! No problems at always with this one!
on 23 September 2010
As usual Berlitz comes up trumps, a very handy little guide that's packed with info, small enough to put in your bag and yet has everything you need.
on 14 March 2015
Gives plenty of useful information and a handy size to carry around