on 24 November 2010
This is a marvelous piece of equipment works perfectly on all telephones in my flat. You do need a small tape recorder with a micraphone input, which you set to record before useing ANY phone in your home. Very Good Little Device, Recommend seller.
on 28 April 2011
I am using telephone interviews for my research and this is a really easy to use and effective way of recording phone interviews. Great seller too, would use again
on 12 February 2014
Purchased this to replace an old cheap connection that plugged into between a handset and base unit of a standard phone. Although the older connector worked well the phone I had it plugged into did not so I needed something that would allow me to connect to a DECT phone base. This kit is almost the only one available and I saw it in many places, but I was cautious as at over £15 it seemed a bit expensive compared to a few very low cost connectors. It has now proven over several months of daily use to be worth the price.

I record many phone calls (it saves disputes later) and the sound quality is very good - I haven't noticed anything but very slight background noise on the line and both sides of the conversation are a similar volume. The lead that connects to the recording device is a good length at around 1m. My main phone is a 7 year old Panasonic DECT and is connected to the ReTell 145 by a standard BT lead and plug. I record with a Sony ICDPX333 dictaphone, which has a phone setting, which does improve the sound quality slightly . I have also tried an old Olympus dictaphone, which was a bit too low a volume to be usable. I also tried a cheap generic dictaphone bought on Amazon and that was acceptable volume, although the quality of the recording was not as good as with the Sony device.

From my experience I would recommend this device. It appears to be suitable for almost any home phone that has a standard BT lead and connector, which includes DECT base units.
on 25 November 2013
A simple and effective device, enabling quality recording of both sides of important telephone conversations. Works well with a high quality Digital Audio Recorder. Perfect for turning the tables on lying insurers, disingenuous utility companies and banks, and anyone else who thinks they can get away with telling you anything to get what they want. .
on 16 December 2013
Used in conjunction with a simple voice recorder this piece of kit enables you to record both sides of a phone conversation. Very useful if you have agreed to buy something over the phone and you want to be able to prove what you and the other agreed, beyond dispute. Or something simple like booking a doctor or dentist appointment. Also I find when I receive cold calls from outside the UK, as soon as I switch the recorder on, the other party rings off without a word being spoken.
on 2 June 2011
Excelent littile device. I have linked it to a dictation machine with auto start on voice and rechargable batteries this now automatically records all my telephone conversations
on 8 February 2013
Unlike many adaptors, this does a passable job of picking up the caller's voice. However, there is still the problems of additional line noise that these devices seem to create and the voume of your vocie is much louder than that of the caller. (1/13)
on 17 February 2013
Do not try to connect this to a PC through an Olympus digital recorder, it does not work, you get an appalling Buzzing noise. However, direct to the Digi Recorder NOT connected to the PC and the quality is acceptable.
on 10 September 2013
There's no negative side to this little device.
Easy to install and you can try experimenting
to get the best results. Mine worked well enough
with a very old and simple Boots portable cassette
recorder. On my recordings the caller's voice is
not as loud as mine, so play with your settings.
on 7 January 2015
DON'T PLUG THIS INTO YOUR PC!
What is not mentioned here is this type (145) is not designed for computer (sound card) use. It says on the packet (not mentioned here) use the 157 type!
So now I have a useless piece of kit.