Format: Audio CD|Change

Feeling I should know more about the French Revolution than I actually did (and having struggled with Simon Schama's Citizens), I thought I'd give this a try. While the book is short, it's beautifully written and highly informative.

My only cavil is that the reader of the audiobook, while having an otherwise excellent French accent, doesn't seem to have mastered the pronunciation of "ville", which he confuses with "vie".

Cavils aside, this book is to be highly recommended.
on 8 September 2014
This audio CD is well read and is excellent for both for general listening and for brushing up the facts about the French Revolution, which sparked off the American Revolution, got Thomas Paine thinking and almost kicked off a similar revolution in Gt Britain.
on 5 December 2013
A great way to study and think about the French revolution. I listen to it whilst driving and it gives me the opportunity to listen again and again.
on 6 December 2013
The content is very well put together, but the voice is too British. It needs a netural voice,; it is not a narrative on the British view of the French revolution.