5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Classic Story, 2 Dec 2003
C. M. Collier "myopia1" (Liverpool,england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I wish this edition of The Wouldbegoods didn't have a modern cover,as I think it spoils the classic nature of the book.This is the second in the series about the Bastable children; Oswald,Dora,Dicky,Alice,Noel and HO.We first met them in The Treasure Seekers,when they were hoping to improve the fortunes of The House of Bastable, and now they're in the country,causing more trouble than ever by trying to be good.
As usual,Oswald is the narrator, and, as usual,after all their adventures it turns out right in the end; especially for Albert-next-door's uncle,who finds his long lost love.
The illustrations inside are original,and it's a pity they didn't use one on the cover.Apart from that,it's a brilliant book about children having fun and getting into scrapes,and I have always thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is the foundation of the pyramid that is my soul!, 28 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I wish Oswald were real, I honestly do. He's the greatest, so utterly pompous yet compassionate and humane, so three-dimensional, so all-knowing, yet so childishly naive. The Wouldbegoods is hilarious and quite informative. I learned a great deal about British vocabulary--"ripping" is now my most-loved word.

5.0 out of 5 stars the wouldbegoods, 23 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Wouldbegoods (Naxos Junior Classics) (Audio CD)
I bought this audiobook with the treasure seekers and having not liked the audiobook addition of the treasure seekers I was feeling abit unsure about this one.
Luckily I was plesantly surprised, I love the audiobook of the wouldbegoods, it's brilliant!
I will deffinantly be listening to this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 4 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Wouldbegoods (Naxos Junior Classics) (Audio CD)
Bought this for my seven year old. She loves audio books. Has listened to a number written by this author. She did enjoy this, but not as much as the others: Five children and It...

The Wouldbegoods (Naxos Junior Classics)
The Wouldbegoods (Naxos Junior Classics) by E. Nesbit (Audio CD - Mar 2005)
12.44