5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars duplication
Published on 9 Nov 2010 by wendy58

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended, 14 Aug 2010
Mr. J. Gray (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
Having tried out a number of audio books for my family to listen to while we endure long car journeys (but resist the temptation to strap DVD players to back of the front seats) I have settled on anything produced by Junior Classics. The Greek myths were excellent, and also warranted five stars, but this Audio CD about nine famous people in Western history is so far the best of the lot.
There is a wealth of information in these concise and well-told mini-biographies that I wished that I had known for years, and I'm delighted that my children might be able to recall even some of them as a superb grounding in general knowledge and history. The biographies are far from mere history lessons. There is a well chosen selection from the last 500 years. The chapters on Shakespeare, Nelson and Mozart are particularly compelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Famous People - great CD!, 15 Jan 2010
I bought this product on recommendation from other Amazon buyers. My daughter (10) enjoys listening to CDs like this in the car or in her room. Very informative, without being too long, also just the right amount of information being given to children in an unpatronising way. Excellent buy at good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars duplication, 9 Nov 2010
Love these historical audio cds which I purchased to listen to with the children on the school run each day. BEWARE, there is duplication! The biography of Charles Darwin appears on both Famous Scientists and their discoveries and Famous People in History. Although these audio books are enormously educational, I have to admit to being very disappointed at the need for duplication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, well produced, and interesting, 31 July 2008
Steve P (south east England) - See all my reviews
Great for kids (and their parents) if they have any interest in history. Excellent for car journeys

3.0 out of 5 stars Famous People in History 1, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Famous People in History: v. 2 (Audio CD)
I am happy with the purchase. It is a great aid for children with a difficult time reading as it is an audio book. I also liked the bitesized amount of history facts. Just the right amount of information on each historical person presented. I enjoyed listening to the disc as well.

This product was also delivered in a timely manner and in good quality. Good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value - both monetary and educational, 9 Sep 2011
Ms A. Breen (Coventry, U.K.) - See all my reviews
The whole family have enjoyed listening to this series on long car journeys. Very informative and entertaining. The kids now have the CDs in their bedroom and play them again every so often.

Famous People in History: v. 2
Famous People in History: v. 2 by Nicolas Soames (Audio CD - 31 May 2000)
10.99