5.0 out of 5 stars Holidays
As we spend many weeks in Bulgaria each year it is important to study and learn the language. We have bulgarian friends who help but back home we use this a lot. it is great.
Published 14 months ago by mr r greenwell

3.0 out of 5 stars not comprehensive enough
not comprehensive enough, for 18 I expected more words , though the pocket size is useful, the translations are quite accurate,
Published 11 months ago by M. Font

3.0 out of 5 stars not comprehensive enough, 4 May 2013
M. Font - See all my reviews
This review is from: English-Bulgarian & Bulgarian-English Dictionary (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Holidays, 3 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars English-Bulgarian & Bulgarian-English Dictionary, 1 Jun 2012
Great size, but comprehensive with about 40,000 entries, suitable for the student or traveller.

It also gives the pronunciation of the English keywords.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb Bulgarian/English Dictionary, 3 Sep 2009
J. B. Woods "Hanna" (UK) - See all my reviews
This little Bulgarian ?English Dictionary is a brilliant size, small enough (just) to fit into most handbags, yet comprehensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the beginner, 16 Jun 2012
I bought this after reading the other two reviews which said it was comprehensive and good for the student, which I'm sure it is. However, in order to be able to read the Bulgarian words you would first have had to have mastered the alphabet and all the varying pronunciations. As an absolute beginner to the language this dictionary is no use at all. There is no guide on the pronunciation of each word next to it as I had expected. So, until I've mastered the whole alphabet I would only be able to use this dictionary by pointing at the word! Of use only to people who can pronounce, and understand, the alphabet. Might be of use to me in a couple of years! Very disappointing and now I'll have to pay for another one - with a pronunciation guide - if I ever find one that is.

ARRAY(0xb42314a4)

English-Bulgarian & Bulgarian-English Dictionary
English-Bulgarian & Bulgarian-English Dictionary by Emilia Pishalova (Hardcover - Sep 2001)
18.95