5.0 out of 5 stars Mature Scrum, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Scrum: A Pocket Guide: A Smart Travel Companion (Best Practice (Van Haren Publishing)) (Paperback)
For me, this book helps to cover the 'why' of Scrum rather than just the 'how'. It takes you under the hood to give a deeper understanding.

For example, most people know that Scrum has a daily meeting referred to as the Daily Scrum and it's fifteen minutes long and the attendees answer three questions. This book goes beyond that and examines it from the perspective of the three pillars of empiricism. It reminds us what the real purpose of the meeting is, what we're inspecting and what we should be adapting.

At the end of it all, the author makes a bold statement. He says that "The future state of Scrum will no longer be called Scrum ... It will become the norm." Strong stuff indeed and not a sentiment I found myself agreeing with.

But the book is compelling, the author's passion is real and tangible. So, I'm going to read it again and maybe this time I'll find something I missed on the first read through. I shouldn't be at all surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changing mindset book, 18 Nov. 2013
Amazon Customer (Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine) - See all my reviews
An excellent book. For me the most important point in a "Pocket Guide" is - establishing the right mindset.
This book is not about certain practices and tactics of "doing" Scrum, it stresses the core of Scrum, its Values and Principles.
I liked the way Gunther shared his thoughts and concerns about evolutionary methods, also the chapter called "The House of Scrum" is simply awesome.
This book will live in my personal Scrum library for a long long time and I'm sure I'll get back to it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, for beginners and Scrum experts, 25 Nov. 2013
Gunther has managed to stick to what Scrum is: a framework, simple and elegant in its design, yet powerful for complex product development. It is indeed a travel companion, since it provides all the necessary details, but manages to present them in a concise and clear way.
In my opinion, after the Scrum Guide it is the "must read" for Scrum practitioners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great content, but size too small..., 28 May 2015
Great book for content: it effectively describes and outlines the why which is behind Agile methodology and the Scrum framework. Unfortunately the size of the book makes it difficult to read and keep notes - too small. Anyway I recommend the book to everyone is looking for improvements for its Agile/Scrum knowledge and skills.