Top positive review
8 people found this helpful
Great for Bond location hunters!
on 10 June 2010
If you're Bond mad and want to visit all the filming locations around the world then this book is for you! A detailed guide and photos will help you visit all the famous exotic locations from the classics such as 'Doctor No', 'Live and Let Die' right up to 'Casino Royale' and 'Quantum of Solace'. Some places you will recognise instantly but also included are the locations of where the smallest scenes were shot.
Some of the locations are well known tourist attractions themselves, such as the Eiffel Tower in France and Sugarloaf mountain in Brazil. Others are a little less know such as an alligator park in Jamaica where Roger Moore was once trapped on a island surrounded by gators! Where as others might just be a street, or even a view from the top of a hill!
There are 288 pages filled with information, travel stories, location lists, and around 655 location photos (in black and white). Other movies that were filmed nearby also get a mention.
There are 30 chapters as follows:
1. Another time, another place (UK)
2. Underneath the mango tree (Jamaica)
3. A day at the studios (Pinewood)
4. Moonlight over the Bosporus (Istanbul)
5. On top of the Alps (Switzerland / Italy)
6. 35 Years of RAF Northolt and 007 (RAF Northolt)
7. Look up, look down, look out! (Bahamas)
8. Welcome to Japan, Mr Bond (Japan)
9. All the time in the world (Portugal)
10. City of diamonds (Amsterdam)
11. Mud pies and rock salt (L.A. / Las Vegas / San Francisco)
12. The Harlem connection (New Orleans)
13. The Big Apple (New York)
14. Faces of Asia (Hong Kong / Thailand)
15. With the pharaos (Egypt)
16. Heart of the Mediterranean (Sardinia)
17. Samba, soccer, Sugarloaf (Brazil)
18. A drive in the country (Greece)
19. The jewel and the clown (India)
20. Writing's on the wall (Berlin)
21. Back to an age of elegance (France: Cote d'Azur)
22. La vie en rose? (France: Paris)
23. The rock (Gibraltar)
24. Where East meets West (Vienna)
25. Discovering Isthmus (Mexico)
26. The Sunshine State (Florida)
27. Hometown of James Bond (London)
28. Today and tomorrow (Hamburg)
29. Gateway to the world (Spain)
30. Venetian affair (Venice)
If you're a Bond fan that regularly travels the world then this book will be a great read! Forget sitting by the pool....get out there and explore the secret world of 007!