Published 21 months ago by Gelderland

1.0 out of 5 stars Where have I gone wrong?
Published 13 months ago by felicitas

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Companion for anyone using Galaxy Tab for the first time, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab for Seniors (Studio Visual Steps) (Paperback)
This book is an excellent choice if like me you are eighty-four and find yourself with a Galaxy Tab then wonder what you are going to do with it. When I first got mine I spent over a week trying to download the manual from the Samsung website. I failed and then spent many weeks stumbling about pressing the wrong icons and getting more irritated by the hour. Luckily on a visit to Holland I saw a Dutch version of this book and was impressed so that on my return to the UK I ordered the English version from Amazon and I have been well pleased with the book. The content is very comprehensive and uses a Visual Steps system for showing you the Galaxy Tab uses such as using email, web surfing, using the installed applications, downloading additional 'apps', taking photos and making videos and finally adding music to your tablet. Each step is explained in detail and accompanied by a generous number of screen shots so that that you can see as well as read what you are doing. And, to put a 'cherry on the cake' there is an accompanying web site where you can find 'bonus chapters' not to mention a free newsletter if you want it. So this has been a great help to me at eighty-four so I'm sure it can help many other seniors. If I had to make one gripe it would be that in their eagerness to make everything plain there are one or two pages that look too crowded and 'busy'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very senior friendly, 8 Dec. 2013
This book was a gift for my 87 year old father. He was struggling with his new tablet. This has given him easy to understand instructions, with good clear pictures making it simple to follow. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 Feb. 2014
I got this for my husband who has just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab. It is so helpful and I don't think he would have got very far without it! It explains really well, the way to set up and use the tablet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for seniors, 22 Feb. 2014
Arrived on time, good quality. So far the senior concerned is using it and not complaining so it must be good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a novice !!!, 8 Mar. 2014
Purchased for my wife, to give her a insight how it all works,
well laid out, great ref: guide to all systems, found a great help,
would recommend for anyone with a tablet.
as usual swift delivery from amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars need a good buy look no further, 4 Mar. 2014
this book was a godsend for me it is very easy to follow and understand, highly recommend
if like me you need guidence on all this new technology.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where have I gone wrong?, 1 May 2014
I am a 67yr old non-technophobe, though definitely not an expert. I use and enjoy my PC but felt it was time to get a Tablet, so I got the Samsung Tab 2. Well I don't know if the other reviewers have been paid to write good things about the book because IMO it is rubbish. It hasn't helped me one bit so far. The fact that it can also be used for the Tab 3 and Note doesn't help as you have to find the bit that relates to you first. An example - yesterday I finally got round to taking some pictures with my Tablet camera, then wanted to transfer them to the PC. This book gives 3 pages of complicated instructions for doing this and for me they were useless anyway because they told you to start by clicking on Windows 8 - no options about other windows (I have Windows 7) so I abandoned it and thought I'd see what I could do on my own. I attached the Tablet to the PC with the data cable provided (if you get stuck and think you haven't got one, it's part of the lead you use to charge your Tablet from the mains) and it brought up a list of options, one of which was to open and copy the pictures using Windows, which is what I chose. That was it - no more difficult than putting pictures from my digital camera onto my PC. I feel right ripped off with this book to say the least!!

5.0 out of 5 stars my opinion of the helpfullness of this book in helping me use new tablet, 9 Mar. 2014
Very clear and easier to understand I licked every aspect of the book any one who has never used a tablet before I would recomend this book to

3.0 out of 5 stars not a full explanation, 29 May 2014
Mr. G. Hooley "grey wolf" (midlands) - See all my reviews
some of the most important descriptions are not in the book, ie descriptions of icons and explain what they do and mean.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Manual for already computer literate readers., 11 Feb. 2015
This book is completely incomprehensible to me. I am no wiser on how to use my Samsung tablet than before I received this book. I am completely computer literate with qualifications gained during the course of my career. This book starts at a high level of prior knowledge of how to access and use a Samsung tablet and to move freely across the instructions which hide the fact that prior knowledge is required - it is DEFINITELY not a manual which can be of any assistance for a "Senior" or any other computer literate beginner. So disappointing that my Samsung tablet is now only used at a very basic level.

Samsung Galaxy Tab for Seniors (Studio Visual Steps)
Samsung Galaxy Tab for Seniors (Studio Visual Steps) by Studio Visual Steps (Paperback - 31 May 2013)
Used & New from: £334.72