on 13 February 2008
A really good reference with 650 colour plates, this book is a bargain and highly recommended.
on 5 November 2014
It is very rare that I find a fossil that this book doesn't help me to identify. Ggranted it misses out graptolites, which is annoying, but they're best identified with more specialist books anyway. I find that if you can't find the exact species or genus you're looking for (which is extremely unusual, and has only happened to me twice out of countless fossils I've used), then you'll definitely find a close relative that gives you a good starting point for further research.

The book is well written with good descriptions, explanations, diagrams and photographs of representative examples for a particular genus, and I would definitely recommend this book highly as a MUST-HAVE for all fossil hunters!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 May 2013
This is a great book! Hundreds of detailed, coloured photos with descriptions. Beautifully done. Contains fossils I can only dream of finding. Definitely a good book to own.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse