Format: HardcoverChange

This is a hard review to write as both my wife and I love the Moleskine range, hence why we bought this book for our recent trip, hoping to use it as both a planning tool and journal for whilst we were on holiday. However the Skytrain (public transport) map is extremely old and doesn't have the Canada Line on there (the main line to and from the airport), having looked into this the Canada Line opened in 2009.

I appreciate the premise of this book is really to just give you detailed maps and transport information, and you supplement these with your own research and notes but the fact that the few transport maps that are in there are at least 6 years out of date is really disappointing.

Because of this inaccuracy we didn't take the book with us on our holiday,

Whilst the pages of the book are still the same quality and nice feel you expect from Moleskine, this doesn't really make up for the outdated information. Instead of this book I would highly recommend you buy a regular Vancouver map and a regular Moleskine notebook; the two in isolation are much better. A shame as this product had promise.
on 31 January 2013
Hi, I purchased the notebook a couple of weeks ago and I was really looking forward to receiving it. Unforunately I didn't see that the latest version (which I purchased) is from the year 2006!!! This means that you don't have the current version of the Skytrain map, lacking the Canada Line, e.g. I am really disappointed about paying that much money for an outdated notebook!
My advice: wait for an updated version!
on 22 December 2011
This is a journal/guide book with useful sections of information, maps and space to make your own guide book/record of your trip. I love the stylish nature of Moleskine anyway and this is no exception. It has the usual handy pocket at the back for info and even tracing paper with sticky at the top so you can place them over the maps and mark your favourite places or even places to avoid if you so wish.