5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
This is a great great notebook. If you live in NYC or are just there for a visit, this is a must-have. It's basically a write-your-own guidebook with a ton of cute little sections and useful maps. It was cheaper (around £8) when I purchased but it's still a great buy for the money.
Published on 17 Mar. 2008 by Violet Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute little thing, but not good value for money
I wanted to try a city moleskine ever since they came out. I kept hesitating because of pocket size, but finally bought a New York one.

First let me say that I think it's a cute, little notebook and if you are intending to use it as just a guide book, it could work very well.

But, I find that there just isn't enough room to use it as a proper travel...
Published on 29 Mar. 2011 by D. Garland

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 17 Mar. 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!, 25 Aug. 2009
Ms. L. M. Harris "Linda" (Northants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)
I LOVE the Moleskine City Notebooks, and buy one for wherever I go as a sort of souvineir from my holidays! They would make an excellent gift for someone that's going on holiday, or is mad about a certain city. The quality is amazing, they feel like you've got something really special. Buy it, you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little notebook for the big city, 17 Oct. 2010
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)
After receiving one as a gift, I had no hesitation to buy one for someone else heading to the big apple.
It has a brilliant map of manhattan, an a-z of street names and a comprehensive tube map. It is a really nice little book and you can use it without looking like a lost tourist! Also loads of space to note down your favourite finds which acts a nice memento of your trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't live without mine!, 25 Oct. 2011
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)
I'm an NY addict and was blessed when a new found friend gave me my first city notebook some years ago, it is like my bible. I build on it year on year and the best things about the book is it lets you fill it with what you find interesting, or a must not having to flip through at so many things your not interested in in guide books can be a bore and a waste of space but with this I just note down everything, plus I lend it out to trusted family members and we have ended up with a real little treasure.
I love the little touches like the tracing paper for over maps, the tabs, the section for all the business cards you collect and the fact you make it your own, what ever order you want things to be in.

I really can't live without mine, just a word to the wise, it may be an idea to use a pencil just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab travelling item, 9 Aug. 2012
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)
This little notebook is the perfect companion when travelling or on holiday. Even though I have been to NYC numerous times, I always find new and exciting shops, restaurants, bars and sights to visit. Having this guide means I have somewhere to note down addresses, bits of information and memories. I am slowly building up my book and can't wait to visit NYC again so I can keep adding to it. I loved it so much, I also bought HK, Barcelona and Rome before my visits there.

5.0 out of 5 stars NYC Moleskine, 15 Sept. 2012
Rui "RMM" (Lisboa, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)
I'm going to NYC and I needed to plan my trip, especially places to visit, stores to go and restaurants to eat. This notebook has everything you need for you to take the best advantage of your time. The maps, list of subway stations and the possibility to create your own routes with sticky notes are very helpful. In a few words: good value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely quality, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)
I bought this for planning a big holiday to NYC. Its a beautiful quality notebook with lots of areas for planning days, listing placestogo/see/eat etc. The maps are quite fidly, spanning over a few pages, but there are ace tracing paper sheets to stick on for pin pointing places and scribbling routes etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute little thing, but not good value for money, 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)

But, I find that there just isn't enough room to use it as a proper travel journal as well. Maps cover a lot of pages, and lot of city maps are not up-to-date. This is to be expected as they can't possibly keep updating maps as frequently as things change in the real world. Looking at the maps, it probably would be efficient to use free/cheap makes that you can pick up quite easily, and have everything on one page.

I like to keep just one book to create my guide book and a travel journal, so this is definitely not enough. But even for people just wanting to create guide books, I believe buying a plain pocket moleskine would still be a better value, because then you can add the maps and things that you want, and make sure they are up-to-date, and also get rid of pages and pages of street indexes that again you can do without if you have a decent map.

So yes, my only problem with this is that it's too expensive for what you actually get to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy notebook, 14 Sept. 2010
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)
I use Moleskine notebooks and diaries so was delighted to see this NYC notebook. It's useful to record details of places, shops, numbers etc which I want to use again. It was great when I got it out to take on my 2nd visit to find lots of interesting things i'd already forgotten!

4.0 out of 5 stars Small and practical notebook, 10 May 2014
This review is from: New York City Notebook (Moleskine) (Flexibound)
The notebook is very small and practical which makes it great for carrying in my pocket around NYC. It has all the maps (subway, ammenities, etc.) and lots of free space so I can wrtie down the most important things I need during my stay. Good price also!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

New York City Notebook (Moleskine)