5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine XLarge notebook
I bought two of these Moleskine XLarge notebooks to write notes about my family history research. To say they are XLarge is a little far fetched as they are somewhere between A4 and A5. However, they are a good size and easy to carry around.
Published on 15 Dec 2009 by rmc1661

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated
Published 19 months ago by Mr. S W. vanOs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine XLarge notebook, 15 Dec 2009
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
I like the fact that the paper is plain and cream in colour and I can use the space just as I want and with the pocket at the back of the book I can store any loose notes relating to my research.
Really pleased with my purchase. Just the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely notebook for mind maps, 13 Mar 2012
S. Wilson "slw34229" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
I've been looking everywhere for a decent, plain page notebook, particularly for notes, diagrams and mind-maps. The vast majority of notebooks are ruled, so I ended up ordering one of these. I wouldn't normally spend anywhere near this much on a notebook, but I couldn't find what I needed in local shops. This notebook is really lovely - nice thick pages, a bookmark ribbon and an elastic cord to hold it closed. It's pretty much exactly the same size as an iPad, folio-size I think it's called, so it isn't huge, but wouldn't slip into a pocket or small handbag, but is big enough to draw diagrams without feeling constrained. I've since found alternatives in larger city retailers, but I think the Moleskine is still the nicest I've seen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, 15 Mar 2013
Mr. S W. vanOs "Revd. Stephan van Os" (Winchester, Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
I was looking for a large plain notebook which I could use as a journal. Having seen previous reviews for this product I decided to take a chance on the reputation that Moleskine has. In brief, this notebook will serve the purpose but is nothing to write home about. The paper is not particularly high quality which was a surprise for an item like this. I prefer to write with a fountain pen and sadly the ink does bleed through the page so this is a big disappointment. I am decidedly underwhelmed and when I have filled this book will probably look in a different direction for its replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine convert., 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
After months, I decided to get a Moleskine to see what the fuss was about. Why would any sane person spend so much on a notebook? Reluctantly, I decided to give it a go. As they say, don't knock it until you've tried it.

Now, I love them. They are in fact addictive.

The quality and feel is great from the cover, down to the pages. They are fab to write on.

For me to spend this much on a notebook, I wouldn't use it for everyday scribble. It is better for long term or important things like a diary/project. But, if I could afford to use them all the time, for everything I would!

The price on here is great too. I think it is reasonable for what you get. Convert or not you wouldn't find me paying the full RRP for one in a store.

On my second one of these so far and intend to keep buying them.

If you haven't tried it, go on...live a little...splashing out on a notepad won't kill you. Go for it big style with the Xlarge (as close to A4 as you'll get in the notebook range).

You'll either love it or hate it, but don't moan about it until you've tried it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - these are addictive, 10 Jan 2010
Steven Buckley (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
Never quite gotten into the whole Moleskine worship thing. Until now. Was looking for a notebook with good quality paper stock and flexible cover. This arrived and it's gorgeous. The paper absorbs the ink perfectly and quickly (no smudges) and the whole thing is incredibly tactile. I fear this could turn into an expensive habit - especially if Moleskine start making versions with sustainable / recycled paper (my reason for 4 stars out of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., 18 Aug 2011
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
I absolutely rate Moleskine books 100%. I'm an illustration so use them as journals and sketch books. After seeing a friend of mine with one, I had to try one. Especially the soft skin ones makes them easier to use. Plus the quality of them is fabulous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft cover is so full purposed. Plastic wrapping difficult to take off, the product can be easily damaged, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
It is the right notebook to use on the go and it has the expected quality for an allroad notepad. It serves the purpose perfectly and it does not disappoint at all.

The smell is so charismatic and it gives more character to the product, it gives the impression of rough made, but I haven't start using it yet.

The plastic wrapping could do with an easy open band instead, it is difficult to take off and you can easily damage the notebook. Moleskine should work that out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted notebook., 1 April 2014
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
I originally bought this as a sketchbook but quickly discovered the importance of paper type, this book does not react well to wet mediums and permanent markers, so I ordered a watercolour Moleskine to accompany this. I know use it for note taking, sketching and collage. It's a joy to work in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for capturing unstructured thoughts, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
I use these pads all the time in my job. They are a perfect medium for sketching out ideas, mind maps and diagrams. The pages leach a bit of my fountain pen through, so I don't work with both sides of the page. Nevertheless there are so many pages in each book that this is never a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Moleskine Soft Extra Large Plain Notebook (Journal)
I use this as a gym notebook, pages are thick enough not to rip whilst being thrown into a gym bag. Notebook itself is thick enough to write on if you have nothing to lean on, and the elastic which closes around the book is good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›