Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 March 2011
Moleskine is great, we've tested it while walking around Paris and boy, how useful this was! Handy map, including plan of metro stations (which is essential, while traveling around this city).

Moleskine philosophy itself is great. You can customize your map by using transparent foils and making notes on it. You have lots of pages for your own notes.

All in all - great companion for any traveller.
on 9 May 2013
It's depends what you want from the journal. I hoped for a little bit of Paris specific information but apart from the maps they don't really include much. Love the tracing paper and being able to write my own tabbed sections but would probably offer something a bit smaller and cheaper. I wouldn't do this for all the cities I go to.

Good idea if you are spending a long time in one city i.e. a few weeks at least or go back to the same city repeatedly otherwise you will struggle to fill it
on 14 August 2015
Brilliant product, cracking price on Amazon. Four stars as the pages are so fine, the pen shows through to the other side. On the other hand, the folk at Moleskine have managed to pack in a lot in a small package. Would definitely recommend.
on 6 December 2009
This is the last word in style, elegance and practicality. It has everything you could ever want in a notebook to record your travels. It is flexible enough that you can customise it to your own demands yet it incorporates everything that you will need - Paris metro map, street map, directions to main and lesser known tourist attractions, restaurant reviews (and space to write your own comments on meals etc)... it is a complete guide with lots of space to 'write your own guidebook' as they say in the advert.

I love Moleskine for the way it feels in your hand and your pocket and this one does not disappoint. It has those little rounded hardback covers that are so useful when trying to write standing up or without a surface to lean on and there are three bookmark ribbons as well as the usual elastic one. The paper is top quality and it makes writing an absolute pleasure!

Amazon's price is the cheapest you will get anywhere - I have researched this and you could pay a lot, lot more for this product!
on 26 November 2013
I bought this for my daughter to make notes of her first trip to Paris with the family in 2011. She then took it back for her 1 week stay in an apartments thisn summer. As she studies French at Uni now I expect it will make frequent return trips which is what it's all about!
on 21 September 2013
This is not a guide book so you may want to buy a separate one or plan ahead of your trip using the internet but this is useful to carry along with your guide book or to transfer details into from your guide book to create a custom book of your own. It's a blend of sketchbook, notebook and maps rather than a guide but can be used to create your own guide. Great for planning before hand, recording while there and for keeping memories in after. This was my preferred map of Paris to use for its handy size and accuracy of the streets and metro stations. I used a larger map at home or my hotel to plan which main areas to visit each day but on the street I used my Moleskine. Another bonus is that you don't look like an obvious tourist with a discreet notebook map rather than a large fold out map of Paris.

Plenty of pages for sketching with tabbed sections for notes which I used for key phrases and to write out my itineraries. Great for creating your own guide and memento at the same time. This really is what you want to make it. The more you put in, the more you will get out. Shall be filling in sections at home to use for next time.

I can see this being a product for a certain kind of person however. You need to be one of those who writes things down and records what they see and do, or if you love to mark on the map where to go back to next time and jot down your thoughts on places then this is for you. Some people may prefer a separate map and guide book however, but I think it is down to personal taste.

I'm looking into buying ones for other cities too because of the use I have gotten out of this one.
on 22 February 2010
If you're a moleskine fan you know what to expect from the actual notebook and you get the usual high quality you'd expect from this brand.

The paris reference section is a little light and I couldn't help feeling that this was something I could assemble myself and insert into existing notebook. As a tourist you'll still need a guidebook for planning but there as some nice touches in the notebook for planning and recording your trip.
on 9 March 2015
Although the same information could be recorded on-line, this is a more permanent record, and the book is small, easy to pop into a pocket. Looking forward to using it on my next trip to Paris.
on 31 July 2015
I love Moleskine city guides. They make you want to write. Perfect keepsake for a trip to Paris. Arrived fast and well packed. Good book and seller recommended to buyers without hesitation.
on 31 August 2014
I go to Paris every year. This is great fun to use- to remember gems of places, stations with escalators, which public toilets to avoid etc!
The maps are good too