5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect notebook
Just love these notebooks and use nothing else. Big enough to take good notes and sketches. I find A4 too big and heavy. The binding lasts beyond the point the notebook is full. The paper quality makes for easy writing and should last a lifetime. I prefer the square paper as it is good for both writing and technical type drawings.
Published on 8 Sep 2009 by J. A. Waller

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't broken so why change
New versions now have heavier type for the lines/squares meaning writing in anything but a strong black pen doesn't contrast as well. Annoying to change for no good reason.
Published on 6 Oct 2011 by Hazza

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect notebook, 8 Sep 2009
J. A. Waller (Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars simply the best notebook I have ever used, 20 Mar 2010
This review is from: Moleskine Squared Notebook (Hardcover)
Have been loyal to Moleskine since my time in France and they never ever disappoint. Smaller formats or this A5 format are all good. Prefer the squared papers over others, but I suppose this depends on the ways you use it. They are dearer than other regular notebooks around but are worth every penny.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't broken so why change, 6 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everyone really love them? (I do), 25 Nov 2011
subject2status (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Moleskine Squared Notebook (Hardcover)
So many Moleskines, so many reviews... Why do people get so excited about a notebook? The prices here on Amazon are unbeatable and so that's always a good starting point but you may still think they're expensive despite that. This is a premium product though, it looks and feels expensive. Colleagues glance covetously at it and surely that's enough reason to have one?

This squared variety is my second Moleskine (the first was the lined variety) but after living for just a month with this beauty, I already know my third will also be a squared one. There are more 'lines' per page than the, um, lined one and I like the ease with which you can turn the book 90 degrees and the format makes it comfortable to write in a straight line! (By the way - it's a hardback even though some of the reviews say otherwise).

I use this to take notes at meetings, to sketch visual interpretations when trying to explain my thinking to colleagues, to draw mind maps and also to capture my thoughts whilst travelling on the train. I carry it around everywhere with me at work and it's part of my 'brand'. I use it every day of the working week and fully expect it to last a whole year, as my last one did (Sept 2010 to Sep 2011).

If you haven't had a relationship with a Moleskine before, please jump in and try it. You'll never go back to any other type of notebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat notes at last - and they last for ages, 3 July 2011
P. Brittain - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Squared Notebook (Hardcover)
I used to be guilty of rapidly filling cheap notebooks with unreadable scrawl that even I struggled to decipher after a week. But since moving to Moleskine a couple of years back, I not only have neater notes, but I get through books at a much reduced pace.

Why? My best guess is that I subconsciously know that my notebook is not cheap and take greater care over how I use it. Squared paper is also perfect for mixed formats - tables and diagrams being especially easy to create, and frequently a better way to record data. Now that they are available in several colours it is easy to keep multiple projects running in parallel too.

So instead of being put off by the price, try one and see if you too are pleasantly surprised how much value you get from it.

As an aside, I also have switched back to using a fountain pen and propelling pencil. Both similarly encourage more thoughtful note-taking than a cheap biro - at least for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine number 7!, 16 July 2010
N Wagstaff "Wagstaff Design" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Well... this is my seventh Moleskine so obviously I already like them!

Then main thing with this one was the soft cover (all my others have been the hard covers!) however I was pleasantly surprised with just how good it was to use. I'm really enjoying being able to flick through the pages right from the word go, rather than before waiting until I had opened up the cover. It still feels robust enough to last me for all the pages I will use.

The only thing I don't like so much is the secret compartment means that the back page is considerably thicker than the front, especially noticeable whilst flicking through book rather than using the bookmark. This could be a positive, as it makes the flicking through slower, and therefore more accurate!

Overall, definitely worth the money (especially as it's cheaper here than in most retail stores) and a really good book experience!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine Large Squared Notebook, 17 Feb 2010
This review is from: Moleskine Squared Notebook (Hardcover)
Good Quality Notebook for professional use, Useful size for sketches and still not to big to carry

4.0 out of 5 stars Paper a little thin., 26 May 2012
T. Yates (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Squared Notebook (Hardcover)
The item is excellent quality, and I'm very pleased with it. I've knocked off a star, as I feel it's a little expensive, and the paper is quite thin. It should be fine with a roller-ball, but I sometimes use fiber tipped draftsman's pens, and the ink may leak through.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable quality. Not really worth the fanfare or the price, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Moleskine Squared Notebook (Hardcover)
Reasonable quality. Binding has gone slightly already after approximately 60% usage. Expensive for what they are really.

Also the guide/grid is way too dark.

Have moved to thread bound green squared A4 lab notebooks as they are superior value for money, have numbered pages and the paper is a bit heavier meaning no bleeding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great notebook, but personally I think the hard backed is better, 23 Sep 2011
A. Venables - See all my reviews
This is a lovely notebook - I have lots of moleskines. This was my first softcover and although may be ideal for some folks, personally I think the hard backed is a bit more robust. Personal preference I suppose.

ARRAY(0xa46f9fb4)