Format: Hardcover|Change

on 10 December 2007
It really is! If your like me and inspiration whacks you between the eyes at the most awkward times - like when your walking down the street or sitting on the train - then having this in your pocket is really handy. I really appreciate the quality moleskine have consistently applied to their whole range, and this pocket sketchbook in particular screams that. The pages are thick enough that marks don't show through on the other side, they can be opened flat which allows you to draw wider landscape style drawings and you never have the fear that the book will come apart for it, it's very 'solid'. Overall you pay a little extra for luxury, and this is exactly what it feels like when using one of these books. My only wish is that they made A4 size and above versions in their range of sketchbooks, but you can't have it all!
on 21 February 2013
Having heard the many the rave reviews for Moleskine notebooks, I thought I would see what all the fuss was about. Initially I was shocked at the price ranges- fairly expensive for a notebook!? Yet, Amazon offers the best price, a BARGAIN compared with other stores/websites!

The paper is sooo smooth! I have no qualms about using it with fineliner and brush pens, it's amazing.
BUT, the paper has a sort of coating on that means it repels soluble media and if you go over it too many times it bobbles awfully! I've tried it with watercolours, inks, and even pencils don't have the same intensity, almost waxy :(
Obviously I know this is a 'sketchbook' so I didn't expect it to be suitable for watercolours, but it would have been nice for multi-purpose use, especially pencils! Perhaps a sharper mechanical pencil would work better?
However, it IS sleek, stylish and you do pay for the quality with details I love the little pocket in the back as well as the ribbon page marker.

Nonetheless, it is a great little pocket 'sketchbook' that would be perfect for someone that works exclusively in pens and fineliner!
on 8 June 2010
Great sketchbook - brilliant quality and perfect size for everyday use. I use pen or pencils in it and paper is so smooth for drawing. Wouldn't recommend for watercolours as they resist on the paper.
on 30 May 2013
Got it today. I realy like the material of cover, already accidently spilled my tea on it, and nothing happened, just wiped it off. Pages are smooth and works good for sketching with Rotring Isograph pens and pencils. Unfortunately, Ciao markers goes through the pages as they do with every sketchbook I have. I guess markers would work with sketchbook for watercolor. Gave it only 3 stars, because last page was a bit cracked and it is quite expensive.
on 24 February 2004
If you're not a writer now, this note book will make you want to be one.
Perfect pocket size. Carry it every where you go and jot down even the most trivial thoughts as they come to you throughout the days and nights.
Love it...
on 13 November 2013
This is a nice and handy little pocket sketchbook that you can throw into your bag or something and have on you, to jot down ideas and inspiration. I find it very handy. The quality and build are just like it's larger counterparts and what you'd expect of Moleskine.
on 15 May 2009
If you use a fountain pen to keep your journal then this is the only pocketbook to use. It is the only one that I have found that is able to take ink without a significant bleed through or feathering. If you use a pencil or biro then buy the standard notebook.
on 21 June 2011
I bought this along with the Kuru Toga mechanical Pencil by uni. Both make great travel companions fitting perfectly and comfortably in most pockets. Nice design, makes you approach each drawing with a little more respect. Great quality.
on 5 April 2011
Moleskines are definitely fetishised notebooks. But, look - they really are just notebooks. Nice ones, yes, but not mind blowing. The paper is inconsistent, with ink reacting differently on different parts of pages or between pages. The paper is also too thin on standard Moleskines for use with felt tip or fountain pens (even ballpoint goes through sometimes), but is unnecessarily thick in the sketchbook.

The memo pocket's nice and works well, the elastic holds. I find the pocket a really good size. I'm sure there's better notebooks out there, but until I find them, I'm happy to stick with these.
on 31 October 2010
Having owned other moleskines and being a little disappointed in the page thickness, I bought this and found my dreams came true. This book has extremely thick, extremely high quality paper. I don't think even fountain or permanent pens would soak through these pages. Also it is a perfect pocket size but still very easy to write on and sizeable enough to fit alot on a page. The only downside is there aren't as many pages in this book than others, but they are of a higher quality so i'm not complaining. If you're not sure which to buy, try this one, you won't be disappointed.