5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, just perfect.
Published on 14 Jan 2011 by marcoscu

2.0 out of 5 stars Paper too thin
I found the paper in this one too thin. When I use my Micron pen 005 to write I can see the writing though the page on the other side, which means that you can't write on both sides of the same paper. Disappointing.
Published on 18 Sep 2012 by Naida

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, just perfect., 14 Jan 2011
marcoscu "marcoscu" (Chorley,UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
This is just perfect for the writer, or indeed anyone that needs to write, when out and about and on the go. The little book - perfectly proportioned for the pocket - has stitched pages of thin exquisite paper of and it can be opened flat with no fear of creasing or snapping the spine. Some people have expressed the view that the paper is too thin and perhaps they have a point if they wish to use felt tip pens on it. But who would use a felt tipped pen in a Moleskine! No, when used with a pencil or good quality ball point the paper serves perfectly well.

This notebook is beautiful and a thing of elegance and sophistication as well as being a sturdy and practical tool to be used by the craftsman and artist in the field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as these reviews - but fantastically useful, 9 Dec 2009
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
I second "walker" (apart from the jibes about the other reviews, which are a laugh). This is a lovely, practical item. It fits nicely in a handbag and is sturdy enough not to get battered in next to no time by all the rubbish in there. You could also (if for some reason you lack a handbag) put it in a pocket (as the name suggests). And as with all the moleskines, the cover has a nice feel and there is lots of space inside to write your great thoughts, or shopping lists ...

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooler than Mother Teresa's sandals, 28 Jan 2014
Crookedmouth ":-/" (Somewhere in the Jurassic...) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
There's something deliciously decadent about shelling out this much cash for a simple notebook. In truth, unless your livelihood depends on being able to jot down notes on high quality paper, you can easily get away with a much cheaper alternative to the Moleskine brand. Heck. I even bought a Moleskine clone from Asda not so long ago. It was much the same size, had the same hard cover, the same expandable back pocket*, the same elastic band and ribbon page-marker. Even the paper had that rich creamy yellow colour and seemed to be just as "all that" as Moleskine's acid resistant product. And all for less than a couple of quid. Makes buying a real Moleskine a bit silly doesn't it? But then, Asda... Moleskine... Asda... Moleskine. Hmmm. Doesn't quite work does it?

At least with Moleskine you get a wee sticker and a leaflet with an enjoyably pretentious blurb to help you self-justify your ridiculous indulgence.

"The Moleskine notebook is a battery that stores ideas and feelings, releasing its energy over time." Ah! Now I understand!

This little chap fits happily into your breast pocket, just peeking out far enough to wink tantalisingly at people saying, "buy me!"

Damn. Now I'm beginning to sound like a Moleskine copywriter.

* What am I supposed to use that for?! My Orient Express ticket stub? My receipt from dinner at Megu's in Manhattan? Bill Clinton's business card? I normally just pop those into my elephant skin wallet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everywhere you go, 4 Feb 2010
A customer (Asturias) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
This is a nice , durable , pocketsize notebook made with high quality paper and cover that I take with me everywhere.

It has a very useful pocket in the back cover so you can take extra documents.

The paper is nice and thick ( I don't agree with previous reviewer ) and is ok with gel pens.

Nice format and size , the only problem is that being so small one can use the whole length of the page as it folds in the middle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook, 1 Mar 2010
C. Jacobs "iqsadact" (Notts UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
I'm a sales engineer, so use these booklets to keep notes of customers and their factory systems which are and will be, useful to me. I personally prefer the palin notebook but there are lined books available. These notes are then electronically archived, but recent territory changes included some old customers, so I was able to dig out my old notes from previous books going back some years, thus preventing wasting customer's and my time revisiting old ground. The pocket at the back of the book also allows some technical info to be carried around in a handy inside suit pocket sized notebook that looks professional. Many others have tried to copy the format which is flattery itself but none surpass. Incidentally, I also use the day per page large format diary. Again superb. With this I would like steam tables included and other engineering stuff, but that is definitely a small blemish on two superb products.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic moleskin, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
Fantastic high quality notebook,quality pages and pouch at the back.Leather bound with the elastic to keep the pages straight and closed.Very good notebook,ill be buying another when i fill this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Paper too thin, 18 Sep 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I do without?, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
I just absolutely love these notebooks. I use mine for journaling purposes, and I was a little iffy at first about the small size of the notebook, but it turns out that's only a bonus - it's easy to bring with you anywhere and doesn't feel like a chore to pick up!

(As a side note, I also purchased Polaroid PoGo Digital Photo Printer with Zero Ink (Zink) Technology which prints out pictures that are just the right size for this notebook and add a bit of color to what would otherwise be pretty black and white pages - I'm not artistic at all so my Moleskines would be just text if it weren't for these photos.)

Aside from being incredibly practical, I just love the feel and look of the notebook. It's a beautiful thing, and it not only encourages me to keep up with journaling, but also makes me want to go back to look at old entries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
I had a moleskine like that before and was pleased with it so I though I would give that one a go. I am really happy I did it because it does the job very well : I use it as my sketch book, it's handy as it small and the paper is thick enough for my drawings (with a pencil though). I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a thing of beauty, 25 Sep 2011
AM (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook (Hardcover)
As notebooks go, this is a thing of beauty and certainly attempts to capture the history behind 'Moleskine' notebooks. It is perfectly sized for the pocket and has a nifty elastic band around it to stop it flapping open or losing any loose bits of paper that you care to store in the secret compartment at the back!

The paper is of a quality type and although not made in France as the orginal ones were (I think these are mass produced in China and not hand made), this has a lovely feel to it and is very nice to write on. A great way to capture those moments of inspiration.

Moleskine Plain Pocket Notebook