on 2 February 2011
The first 69 pages of this book are an abreviated biography of this great driver, despite what the books publicity says it does not really advance our knowledge of him. The text is amusing in that it is written in a very Italian style, in most cases with an Italian bias as you might expect. The real worth of it is that the rest of the book is given over to a album of over 150 illustrations and cuttings, excellent stuff. The appendix include a list of all the races he competed in with the results on both two and four wheels but there is a disclaimer suggesting that maybe not all the races are included but goodness me there are enough! For me the pictures make this a book worth having.
on 25 June 2011
3 stars because the seller did no wrong - the book supplied was in the excellent condition as described, well packed and promptly despatched. It's the book itself I find fault with - it is not well written, has very little 'personal' content about Tazio, rubbish chronology and flowery language badly translated. As an example, we get to know his wife's name but that's just about all. I nearly gave up during the first chapter. Great pictures though.