5.0 out of 5 stars This diary will change your life!
Used these for years but previously always the extra large. Ordered wrong one but actually decided to keep as it's a much more portable size. If you haven't yet been converted to these diaries, try it now. Not just for 18 month view but also for notes page - do not know how I would remember anything without it.
Only gripe would be that paper is necessarily thin so...
Published 11 months ago by hellomiche

I'm posting this review as I feel that potential buyers should be aware of one drawback of this diary which is not made clear in the description.

I have the pocket version, but this version has exactly the same layout as the pocket version.

Published 4 months ago by Dave R

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This diary will change your life!, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Moleskine Large Soft 18 Months 2013/2014 Weekly Notebook (Calendar)
Only gripe would be that paper is necessarily thin so have to take care re type of pen used and pencil def best

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm never going to bother with any other diary, 2 Aug 2013
I had one of these a couple of years ago and don't know why i didn't get it last year. Gives me space for my events and a blank page opposite if I need to add extra details, or make to do lists or any number of things that I need to scribble down. Am missing the addresses page at the back, and I dont need the info at the front, but a fine diary.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best diary ever, 17 Jun 2013
This is the 3rd year I have used this diary. Good quality, plenty of room to write notes

Strongly recommended if you need a good quality diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 20 July 2013
excellent quality, compact yet the storage pouch enables me to keep a few bits and pieces without damaging the spine . Having used this for the first time I cannot imagine using any other make from now onwards

5.0 out of 5 stars A paper diary of the size I wanted., 1 July 2013
I wanted a paper diary that was easy to carry around and had enough space for writing notes. This notebook serves my purpose well, it contains very good quality paper and it came at a sensible price from the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good if you manage your own time., 3 July 2014
Best diary as has a whole page by each week so you can add to do lists, work on stuff, take notes in meetings. Brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD - BUT NO GOOD IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE DATE OF EASTER (OR ANY OTHER PUBLIC/BANK HOLIDAYS) !!, 6 April 2014
Dave R "katsd" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

The diary is fantastic, hard wearing, good layout - so what is my problem with it? It has absolutely no Public/Bank holidays marked. I use a diary to book ahead, & one of the things that I need to known is when Public/Bank Holidays are (I work for a large organisation but also run a small business, both jobs are 24/7 - 365) & knowing when these holidays fall is fairly essential. I could look it up on the net & mark them in, but that's why I buy a diary in the first place.

I've contacted Moleskine to find out if this a mistake/one-off or if this is going to be their new format - if it is, I'll look elsewhere (maybe go back to Filofax - which would be a shame, as I much prefer this). I'll update with their reply. (04.06.13 - not a peep from Moleskine so far)

05.06.13 UPDATE FROM MOLESKINE - (after being prompted) -

"The holidays do not appear on the pages of the diaries anymore, BUT you can see them online at the link below.
[...]

The advantages are many:
- You can browse through all the holidays of every single country in the world
- You can search/find also major sport and cultural events
- You can open an expanded description of the holiday/event
- The information is constantly updated

All this would not have been possible on printed pages that are prepared with great advance, and have a limited space."

Which seems a little strange as they managed it in last years!! I can understand it with the pocket version but this is about 50% larger. So basically the answer is that you have to look it up on the internet. I was considering uping the rating, but as I still have to do the work myself, it stays as is.

So if knowing when Public/Bank Holidays fall is important to you - be aware, if they're not - this is great diary. If the holidays had been in there, this would have been a 5-star review, but they're not, so it isn't.

18.06.13 -- UPDATE ::::----- I've checked out the link to the Moleskine Diary Add Ons. You have to select your country (for GB you have four choices, one being Cornwall!!!), then decide whether you want to see "All", "Public" or "Bank" Holidays, then select either the year or the month in question. It then gives you a list of relevant holidays for you note. Whilst the idea is sound (there's various events that I have no interest in, & some - The Motorcycle Grand Prix or clocks changing, for example - which you can pick off), the reality is that if you want to write the dates in yourself, you're never going to be able to write as small in a limited space as well as the manufacturer can print & it ends up looking cramped. But an extremely useful function if you need to know the date of The Weymouth International Beach Kite Festival!!!

It does feel a bit like having a dog then barking yourself - I do think it's a bit naughty of Moleskine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids school planners, 20 Feb 2014
Given the 18 month span of these books, they are great for kids school planners. Subtle and classy, the moleskine is hard to beat. If only they were a bit cheaper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Jan 2014
I always have moleskine diaries due to the quality and they way they look. They have a ribbon marker, pocket in the rear and elastic strap on the outside. Lots of handy info inside. Price is cheaper here than most places

5.0 out of 5 stars 5* for good price and quick delivery, 18 Dec 2013
Derek Ian Elder (Edinburgh, Sotland) - See all my reviews
I've used Moleskine diaries and notebooks for years, but forgot to buy one this year until after the 18 month cycle had started. I usually go to a city-centre department store, but was pleased to find this discounted enough online to wait a little longer [not too long] for delivery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›