4.0 out of 5 stars Good notebooks, if you like a little luxury
If you like your notebooks just a little different from everyone else, these are good. Some would say they are expensive, and they are, but amazon make them just about worth it with their competitive pricing.

Published on 30 Jun 2009 by Paul Elkington

2.0 out of 5 stars Style over Substance
I bought this as I wanted a decent journal to use with my fountain pen as that is my pen of choice. The item certainly looks the part but unfortunately it is a case of style over substance. The paper isnt good quality and the ink bleeds badly, very disappointed as this wasn't cheap for what can only be called a scrap pad.
Published 10 months ago by John C-H

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good notebooks, if you like a little luxury, 30 Jun 2009
Paul Elkington (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)

Both the hard cover and the pages have their corners trimmed into a nice soft curve, so you won't banjax yourself on a sharp corner. The paper is a soft yellow colour, and the lines are faint grey and fairly narrow.

Also, a small paper pocket is in the back cover.

nice, expensive, but a good treat if you like that sort of thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 11 Sep 2010
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
I have several of these A4 Folio notebooks and am considering getting a few more. It's everything I love about Moleskine notebooks but larger! I used them when undertaking research at university. I could bring them to meetings with my supervisor or in the field. My notes are all in the same place, look professional and is a lovely keepsake!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 17 May 2010
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
I use a notebook extensively at work so I thought it would be nice to try one of these. Really nice product, the best thing about it is the quality of the paper. Normal paper seems almost scratchy compared to this smooth lovelyness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine. The best., 25 May 2011
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
You always know you can't go wrong with Moleskine, but this item is even better than I imagined. The paper quality is excellent - it seems slightly thicker than in the A5-ish sized books, of which I'm a huge fan, and the binding is such high quality that you can write right up to the centre edge of the book with no fear of the pages coming lose. I also bought a Lamy fountain pen to use with this book (doesn't seem to write in such a beauty with a plain old rollerball) and I'm looking forward to filling it's pages. The price is great as well, compared to buying from a store. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and Bigger than expected, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
Oh I'm kicking myself for not having discovered this notebook before. It's a very very good size. Fits in a lot of information on 1 page. Makes the standard Moleskine look like a pocket book.The paper is nice and thick. better than the standard size which seems to have gone thinner. Maybe it's just me but I find big pages easier to read, as you can see a bigger picture of your notes, which is hard to grasp if you have to keep turning a dozen pages to read them.

The price difference between standard and this large one is a couple of pounds. But you get more for your money with this, compared to the standard size.

All in all, if you need some thing to preserve your notes --quality notes that is-- this could save them for a lifetime.
I'm using my old standard sized one as a rough jotter now.I'm 21, a youngster in Banking. I use this to keep my special valuable notes which I usually lose in the midst of raw everyday notes. Much better "organzised"-- thanks to this.

If you need something of similarly size but better to carry around check out the Cahiers, I use them for Spanish. They are worth the few extra bob

ta ta!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine Folio, just exceptional, 20 Feb 2010
Steven Lloyd "Steve Lloyd SSP" (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
Whilst slightly more costly than a 'Red & Black' or proprietary brands, this is the premium choice but the quality of the whole notebook is superb and worth it. The ribbon page minder is very handy and the pocket at the back is ideal for safely storing business cards at meetings.
The paper is a good weight and is super smooth. It tends to compliment a roller-ball or fountain pen better than a standard ballpoint or Biro and the psychological feeling of needing to 'write neater' means that your records are readable.
I would highly recommend this notebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 Dec 2013
Sarah A (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
Great purchase and swift delivery. Item was well packaged and in perfect condition. I would highly recommend this item as it is exactly what it looks like in the picture and promises to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very professional, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
This book looks and feels the part.
Has a great presence about it.
You can feel the quality and the pages have good size lines.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality (as ever) but also a little pricey, 16 Oct 2012
Peter Coupe (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
I have been using the smaller Moleskine notebooks for years - I got my first one as a gift too long ago to remember!
This one is great - a proper hardback, A4, lined paper notebook.
The paper is good and smooth, and takes fountain pen, felt-tip and biro without any 'bleed through' to the next page. I always feel that they are a little on the expensive side - but then I take out a notebook from many years ago and see that the paper isn't yellowed with age, that the lines I drew and wrote are still crystal clear and think, well, maybe not?

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury notebook, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: Moleskine Folio Ruled Notebook A4 (Hardcover)
So I was needing to write something for reference that I could have for years and years, keep pristine and look back on. I'd looked around and Moleskine seemed to receive universal applause for being the top dog of quality notebooks. After using Oxford notebooks for years, I decided to up my game.

And they were right. Everything about this notebook is of the highest quality. The paper doesn't let any ink soak through and I've had no kind of smudging problem, the cover is everything you'd expect and more and I wasn't even expecting a handy folder at the back for blotting paper and any little loose notes. You get a huge number of pages and the binding seems like it will be good enough to withstand the test of time. I never was a huge fan of ringbinders.

Yep, if you've got the cash to splash you won't find much better.

*Note* Mine arrived damaged but was swiftly sent a replacement, no fuss. That's great service to top things off.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›