on 7 July 2003
T
his book is OK. It is what is says it is. Tutorials.
There are 10 leasons within the book which take you through some basic drawings to quite comple 3D work. However, the tutorials come with 10 preset drawings, which need to be downloaded from a web site. This in itself is not a problem.
However, there seems to be little reference to the reasons why and how drawings are set up. How they relate to scales and printing. There is a lot done for you, and, whilst this book does teach some good basic functions, I feel somewhat cheated by using templates that have been set up for me.
Leaves my understanding of how AutoCAD really works a little vague
All in all, it is a good book. But don't expect too much.
on 23 November 2004
It's difficult to say how much you can get from repeating the examples in this manual. The approach is very much 'painting by number', where the reader repeats each task as laid out by the author. This will give you a basic route into AutoCAD, giving you the 'how to' approach, but will not teach you why. This therefore makes the learning very superficial if not complimented with further teaching.
Fred's tutorial files are no longer available online, but he was quite willing to send them to me after I emailed him. For which I thank him. But anyone wanting to learn AutoCAD will probably need something a little larger and more constructive to help them.
on 7 October 2004
Autocad is potentially a complex package and this is a highly recommended book which makes learning the product far easier though it's step-by-step approach.
No assumptions are made in regard to the readers previous knowledge and each tutorial builds on knowledge gained from the previous. I would highly recommend this book and certainly going to be watching out for others from this author!
on 11 March 2010
I got this when I first updated to AutoCAD 2006, it is a good book to learn AutoCad, not expensive either which makes it doubly worth getting.
on 31 August 2008
Purchased this book to help practice using autocad via the tutorials. However, it turns out that the tutorials are no use with Autocad 2008, as all the drawings referenced are not contained within Autocad 2008.
on 3 August 2011
This item meets all my requirements, is excellent quality and I would recommend it to a friend and I would certainly purchase it again.
on 30 May 2014
Excellent product, prompt delivery
on 28 January 2016
I never purchased this book.
on 16 September 2014