4.0 out of 5 stars Good for first time user
This book was perfect when I for the first time started to use FrontPage (my first attempt on a Web-page). It has all the things you need to know to set up a Web-page. I had my Web-page up in a weekend. But the book is not enough if you want to do and understand more fancy stuff. I'm just looking for such a book...
Published on 2 Jun 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Starting Point: If you plan on going cover-to-cover
Published on 13 Aug 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Starting Point: If you plan on going cover-to-cover, 13 Aug 1999
By A Customer
Even though I took some FP98 courses, this book was useful in that it was a great refresher for me in the beginning. For a new user it is clear, concise and easy to understand. It was, like I said, only a refresher for me though. It does not go into any functions beyond those considered basic. So, it is great as a learning tool for new users, but has no real value once you rise above "basic vanilla features".

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for first time user, 2 Jun 1999
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good reference book for FrontPage98 users., 11 Nov 1998
By A Customer
FrontPage98 is not as simple to use as it might seem. This book is an ideal reference after learning the essentials of the program. Individual pages show one, two, three or more screen images with numbered sequences in the text for guidance in how to achieve what you want. Typical headings are: Importing and Exporting Web Content, Adding Hyperlinks to Images, Adding Background Sound. Pick and choose what you need. This is not a book to read cover-to-cover unless you're a programming freak (in which case you'd learn HTML!) but it's good to have it on your bookshelf when you're setting up or revising your web pages. I found I used this more than other books I have on FrontPage 98. I liked the straightforward prose and the specific images of the computer screens.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rating based on a beginer user., 9 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This book does a fine job of covering the functionality of FrontPage 98. It does not go into detail. The book will enable reader to recognize what FP98 will be able to accomplish when it comes to creating a Webpage or pages. It does not cover the complexity of image manipulation or database integration. It does allow the reader to explore almost all of the commands available in the FP98 program.

Microsoft FrontPage 98 at a Glance
Microsoft FrontPage 98 at a Glance by Stephen L. Nelson (Paperback - May 1998)
Out of stock