4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!
Published 17 months ago by S.Ellis

2.0 out of 5 stars The book is great
The book itself is great. But the binding Is terrible, it feel apart in my hands. Luckily I had some bookbinding kit laying around other wise I would still have a gluey sticky mess on my table
Published 6 months ago by jamie barber

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Popular Lies About Graphic Design (Paperback)
This book is a micro collection of snippets of graphic design stories, wisdom, opinions and lies. It is wrote really well and engages you from the start. I wish I had read this while studying for my graphic design degree! For me personally, there is a Paul Arden feel to the book (not just in size), similar like 'Whatever you think, think the opposite' but more in-depth with real life opinions and stories within the graphic design industry. This book will not tell you how to be a graphic designer, neither should it, but it does give you an insight into the experiences the talented Craig Ward has had. These are invaluable to the young students and designers. The book is small enough to read in a short amount of time but not too short as to not take something away from it. A must read for all. I would give this 4.5 out of 5 if I could.

The book is now in its 2nd print which is fantastic and full deserving. I now really hope for another book from this talented writer and designer.

5.0 out of 5 stars wicked book, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Popular Lies About Graphic Design (Paperback)
This is a excellent book. One of the best that I have read. It fun to read and a small pocket size design so you can have it with you all the time x

2.0 out of 5 stars The book is great, 17 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Popular Lies About Graphic Design (Paperback)
I like this book, it raises some interesting points and has helped me complete a piece of coursework myself actually. I would recommend this to any Graphics student.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful little book., 19 Feb 2013
Robert Hallifax (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Popular Lies About Graphic Design (Paperback)
I'm not a professional designer but really enjoyed this pithy and engaging book. It was surprisingly unputdownable and I'd recommend it to anyone with any interest in graphic design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Feb 2013
R. Littler "rlittler81" (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Popular Lies About Graphic Design (Paperback)
Unlike most graphic design books, this really spoke to me as a designer. Nothing's set in stone when you're a designer. Things are good, things are bad. This book covers all the areas of being a designer including how you feel about being a designer and your work. It made me feel good to know other designers are in the same boat as me and struggle with certain things but find other things easy.

The design is brilliant also, mostly manipulated type, simple yet extremely effective.

Essential for anyone who sees being a designer as their life's calling.

5.0 out of 5 stars A much needed steaming hot mug of `Shut the F*** Up'., 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Popular Lies About Graphic Design (Paperback)
I've always had a soft spot for things that were clearly a labour of love. However, personal taste aside, I think this is a book that still deserves the stars I gave it. I think this book will not please everyone, but in a good way. It certainly made me question a few of my own opinions about design since I know I'm guilty of one or two of the things the book talks about. I love the design industry, but in an industry of egos and self-aggrandizing this book is a much needed steaming hot mug of `Shut the F*** Up'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative with a good humour, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Popular Lies About Graphic Design (Paperback)
The book covered many cliche areas of working in the industry in digestible chapters. It was designed in a clever way too. Would recommend to anyone who is beginning to work as a graphic design professional. One may not agree with every point made but most are certainly well thought out and well discussed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Space Sells, 26 Oct 2014
Robert P. Shaw "Bob Shaw" (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
Very acute, very funny

Popular Lies About Graphic Design
Popular Lies About Graphic Design by Craig Ward (Paperback - 30 Jan 2013)