Can't praise this cable enough - don't spend any more than this on cable - very good sound (and I mean exceptional) and its a great price. Only negatives is that the overall size is a bit chunky and the blue colour with writing isn't discrete - not an issue for me as I wire this into my walls!
Published 15 months ago by Ollie C

3.0 out of 5 stars Speaker cable
Despite claims made in other reviews and the opinion of the experts I noticed absolutly no difference between this cable and the skinny little cable that I had been using. My hifi is a Denon and my speakers are wharfdale diamonds so it's decent equipment which should show up any differences. Still worth a try for the money-but i think these audiofiles make a song and...
Published on 16 Mar 2012 by chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't praise this cable enough - don't spend any more than this on cable, 26 Dec 2012
This review is from: Van Damme Professional Studio Grade Blue Series 2 x 2.5mm (14AWG) Speaker Cable - Priced Per Metre (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good speaker cable, 5 Feb 2012
It helps the speakers sound warmer without paying a fortune. Deffinitely proposed to anyone who wants to connect an entry level hifi system.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true HI-FI speaker cable, 18 July 2011
I purchased this cable to replace some Cambridge Symphony 200 cable I had for my Hi-Fi.

Mechanically the cable is very flexible and easy to move around. The old cable I have, Cambridge Symphony 200, looks like a joke in comparison with this one.
Most of cable makers do not give the complete technical details but Audiovisual tech team was able to tell me that this cable has 147 strands of 0.15mm each (I do not know if the number is for each wire or for both of them). I do not know why they do no put this info in the main description. More strands better is for analog signals. I think that Symphony 200 has 50 strands per wire.
You have to be careful when terminating such a cable as the rubber insulation is very soft and if you do not have the right tools (as in my case). I will put a photo of the cross section of this cable in comparison with Cambridge Symphony 200.

Sound: there is a difference between this cable and the old one, the sound has more depth now.

Price: expensive but a better value if compared with other makes (like Symphony in my case)

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound, 12 Mar 2013
hi it was posted one day came the new very happy with service like that thanks will be back .

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and nice looking, 27 Feb 2013
Ciscodude (South Africa) - See all my reviews
Good looking cable. Soft and easy bendable. Made up dense bundle of thin strands. Using this 2.5mm and the 4mm in DIY speaker projects. Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars More is less, 5 Dec 2012
Buying slightly more of this excellent product is less aggro than buying too little. Trust me I know. Measure what you need and add a % for the corners.

5.0 out of 5 stars This cable made a big difference to MY system, at least! Fact., 27 July 2012
I noticed a couple of people had said that this cable makes no difference over cheap thin cable and was put off buying it for about a week. However, in the end I decided to risk it since I was only getting 4 metres.
My situation was that I'm in the UK for about 6 months and I got my "spare" hifi bits out of storage which comprise an old basic Dual 505 turntable, a good amp - a Rotel RA930BX, and a pair of old Mission 70 bookshelf speakers wired up with the QED 42-strand cable. This set up sounded so tinny compared to my system in Australia (Technics 1210/an identical Rotel 930BX/Castle Durham speakers with QED 79 strand cable) that I honestly couldn't be bothered to listen to it for more than a few minutes at a time. Now the Dual may not be an audiophile deck but I didn't remember it being quite so flat and tinny, the amp I've always been happy with, and while QED 42 strand is cheap, it's still meant to be hi-fi(ish).
I'd never particularly liked the Missions (they were my father's) so I figured that they were the problem and bought a pair of s/h Tannoy Mercurys for 50. This improved the sound to some extent but it was still both unexciting and tiring and again I found myself switching off after a few minutes. I then thought the Dual must be the weak link as I'd got used to listening to the Technics deck, and since then I've been checking ebay for a better quality s/h deck as well as an equalizer.
In the meantime, I thought I may as well give this cable a go. It arrived today and well basically it's done everything I hoped it might do i.e. the bass is much fuller and the harshness has gone off the the treble - it feels comfortable listening to my records again! I would happily have spent another 100 on other components to achieve this!
OK, trying to be factual about all this, my conclusion will be limited to saying that this cable (2x2.5mm Blue) is a huge improvement on QED 42 strand in terms of adding bass and reducing the harshness of the treble and thereby sounding much more natural. My set up is not an audiophile set up, so I don't know if it would improve on other more expensive cables, but I will NEVER again listen to anyone saying cables don't make a difference. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars No pretence, just a high quality cable., 9 Sep 2012
As the title says. No pretence, no marketing rubbish, just a very high quality cable. This thickness is fine for the lengths you'd be using in the home. The sound is very natural, everything has great clarity and without a hint of harshness.

Very well made cable, is thicker than it appears in the photo and has plenty of copper strands.

Don't waste your money on more expensive cables, you really, really don't need to. Put that money towards better speakers or a DAC or something that will actually add something to your sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing else makes any sense, 26 Nov 2011
R. Cole "Filterlab.co.uk" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I've had cables at 10 a metre, I've had cables at 100 a metre, I've even had cables at 500 a metre. You know what? Save your money. Nothing else at any price comes close to this Van Damme cable. Whether you choose 2.5mm, 4mm or 6mm, it's all excellent through and through.

The BBC use this for all their speaker hook ups, and when you use it you'll understand why. Absurdly good quality, no flannel, no guff, just a decent product at an alarmingly sensible price.

Don't hesitate, just get the amount you need and hook it up and sit back with a huge smug grin on your face. :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Speaker cable, 17 Nov 2011
I never gave much inportance to cables but having upgraded my HI Fi i decided to buy also better cables.This "Van Damme Professional Studio Grade Blue Series 2 x 2.5mm (14AWG) Speaker Cable" turned out to be a gooid choice. The cable is quite thick but flexible and there is a noticeable improvement in sound when i compare it to my old one.This was money well spent and i have no problems in recommending it.I would also recommend buyng from AudioVisual Online,item arrived as described and the delivery was very quick.

ARRAY(0x104ff0c0)