4.0 out of 5 stars Just a Game?
Published on 21 Oct. 2008 by A. van Heiningen

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't compete with "La sombra del Viento"
Published on 27 Sept. 2011 by Maria

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a Game?, 21 Oct. 2008
A. van Heiningen "Dutch65" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: El Juego del 聲gel (Paperback)
Having read 'Shadow of the Wind' in English I thought that I may get more out of reading 'El Juego del Angel' (The Angels' Game) in the original language. I was right, however, the tone is very dark and unrelenting in this, almost bringing to mind a city that is entirely given over to some evil undercurrent. Regardless, it does stand out as a great read which I was not able to put down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't compete with "La sombra del Viento", 27 Sept. 2011
This review is from: El Juego Del Angel (Paperback)
After reading the same author's "La sombra del viento", this book was a bit disappointing. I was really looking forward to reading it as I thought it would be of the same standards and, regarding the way Zafon writes, it is. But the plot is a bit weird. You expect a "grand finale" but as much as you read on this never comes and in the end you keep wondering what has happened. Also, in this book Zafon repeats himself a lot in his great effort to set the scene of the story in a dark, wet and mysterious Barcelona, sometimes spending more time in such descriptions than in the story itself. Of course, this is my personal opinion -based on my expectations after "La sombra del viento"-and maybe it's a bit strict, you'd rather read this book and find out for yourself, as you might really like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zafon can be relied on to entertain, 14 Oct. 2010
E. Kraft (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: El Juego del 聲gel (Paperback)
I have now read three of Zafon's books and certainly found this up to his usual standard. It is not quite in the same class as El Sombra del Viento but nevertheless carries one along very nicely.
Zafon is a master of language and I find that I can fully enjoy and appreciate his style even though my Spanish is not perfect. My only criticism in this case would be that he seems to digress from the main plot from time to time. Don't expect a neat and tidy solution to all the strange events because Zafon does not provide this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Third part of an amazing story, 14 May 2013
Ekaterini Tzoridou "Caterina" (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: El Juego Del Angel (Paperback)
I love the way Zafón creates his stories and his world. Even though my absolutely favorite of his books is "The Shadow of the Wind", I love the different paths the story takes, offering answers to questions in the first book --even though when you finish that one, you don't exactly have the feeling that things are pending. I just can't wait for the fourth book to be published!

4.0 out of 5 stars Un gran autor, 20 April 2014
No es uno de sus mejores libros pero asi y todo me atrapo. Gran imaginacion y el raro poder de hacer que lo improbable resulte posible.

5.0 out of 5 stars El juego del angel, 19 Oct. 2012
É um livro muito interessante. Muito místico e cheio de ac誽o
Gosto muito do estilo de escrita deste escritor do qual já li mais dois, o prisioneiro do céu e oásis sombra do vento.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 18 Feb. 2009
David J. Glazier (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: El Juego del 聲gel (Paperback)
After "La sombra del viento" this offering from Ruiz Zafón was a great disappointment. Whilst "Sombra" had an underlying sinister story this has nothing but unbelievable fantasy. Too complicated by far. The author must do better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 6 Mar. 2010
I was really looking forward this second instalment of the trilogy after the "sombra del viento".
I was a bit disappointed by the story who's very crooked.
The love story... yes ok but the whole book (even if easy to read in spanish) was not as good as La sombra.

3.0 out of 5 stars El juego del angel, 3 Aug. 2008
This review is from: El Juego del 聲gel (Paperback)
My personal opinion is that the previous book by Zafon was of better quality.

Although I couldn't stop reading the "El juego del angel" -sometimes even obsessively-, it was more to know what happened at the end rather than enjoying the reading. I found the story very dark, too dark unnecessarily at times.

I found that the style was less sophisticated and less rich comparing to "The shadow of the wind".

However, I will be looking forward to the third part of the trilogy. It was definitely a good reading to end the day after work!

El juego del 嫕gel
El juego del ángel by Carlos Ruiz Zaf鏮 (Perfect Paperback - April 2013)
12.30