4.0 out of 5 stars Gothic Horror tale, stunningly written
I have just read this book. My Spanish is not great (say about AS level equivalent), but I found that I could follow the story even without understanding every single word. The build up is superb and the ending quite emotional. There are parts towards the end where (without giving anything away) the action can get a bit tedious - but it was essentially written for...
Published on 9 April 2009 by Squiggle1

3.0 out of 5 stars To the previous reviewer...
Just to point out that amazon have infact highlighted that this book is in Spanish: Below the ISBN information is does infact say: "Popular in this category: #21 in Books > Fiction > World > Untranslated > Spanish"

So far as I know no books other than The Shadow of Wind have been published in English.
Published on 5 Jan. 2008 by Ian Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and mesmerising, 21 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Marina (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. It was incredibly haunting and I thought the way the author wove two stories together was very powerful. I love every book he has written , they are all so atmospheric and descriptive I could actually be there. . I was reading Marina on the train and my heart was pounding so loudly I'm sure the person in the seat next to me could hear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Marina (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. I like the way the author writes. So descriptive that the characters are so alive in your mind. I have also read The Shadow of the Wind which I also enjoyed, but because Marina is written in Spanish I had to take more time to read it, as there was a lot of vocabulary that I didn't know, so I seemed to take in every word. Fantastic practice for anyone learning Spanish

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok read., 31 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Marina (Paperback)
There are some exciting parts, mainly when the gruesome characters come to life and the story has a kind of twist to it. It's an ok read that'll pass the time but I wouldn't particularly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marina in Spanish, 1 Mar. 2011
When I ordered this book I didn't realise it was in Spanish; I don't speak or read Spanish. As a fan of Zafon, I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the novel when I get to read an English translation!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong language, 7 May 2014
I ordered this book I thought in Spanish and it took ages to arrive and is in English. What can I do. I don't know how to complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, Excellent Shipment, 5 Jan. 2014
The book arrived as expected, in good quality and time, it is a funny book and very easy to read, hope you will also enjoy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars ... the same lines as watcher in the shadows quite disappointed as i read them almost back to, 19 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Marina (Paperback)
it was very much on the same lines as watcher in the shadows quite disappointed as i read them almost back to back

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Marina (Paperback)
Can't remember anymore and that goes for all the purchases below

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Jan. 2015
Ok

1.0 out of 5 stars Is English your first language?, 30 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Marina (Nomadas) (Paperback)
Foolish I know but I expected this book, sold on an English website - to be in English! Yeah, I know the author is Spanish but there are translations. This is a con and I am very disappointed that the fact the book was not in English was not headlined.

Marina
Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (Paperback - 18 Mar. 2014)