5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Book
This is a really well laid out book with a nice story line to keep you motivated. Very logical and clear approach. Good audio to accompany it. Definitely the best teach yourself polish language text I have come across. However, you'll need a lot more than four weeks to work your way through it!
Published on 19 April 2010 by Caro

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not basic.
I received this as expected and the item arrived as described.
I bought this because I'm a complete beginner. This did look like a good learning package. However the DVD ROM is extremely confusing. It's very hard to follow and for a beginner such as me, virtually impossible to learn from with out guidance.
My partner is Polish and even with her help. I really...
Published 18 months ago by Sam 1985

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Book, 19 April 2010
Caro (Lancaster) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polish in 4 Weeks - Level 1: An intensive course in basic Polish [Book and CD-ROM] (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for speaking, reading and writing, 6 Jan 2012
An excellent book! It contains conversations that you can use in everyday life and lots of useful vocabulary including verbs in the present form and a few past and future. The CD is great for listening to the language, it's not spoken to fast or slowly and is very clear from my point of view. Good for beginners and intermediate level learners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Polish in 4 weeks, 25 Feb 2013
Some hope! But it looks like an interesting approach and I can't really rate it properly until I've spent more time with it. The disc didn't need to be an MP3. It would have fitted easily onto a CD and would have been immediately useful without the need to resort to a computer.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is not basic., 11 Feb 2013
I received this as expected and the item arrived as described.
My partner is Polish and even with her help. I really could not get to grips with the teaching structure.
If you already have a decent back ground knowledge this might be ideal to brush up your Polish. As for me I'll be looking
to find something more to my level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, so far so good!, 26 April 2013
Lucia Almeida "L A" (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
Still only on lesson 5 (Unit 5) but so far so good!

It will take me far more than 4 weeks to complete it as I'm only doing a lesson or two a week... but for the devoted student who can study 2/3 hours every day it would be quite possible to learn or at least to complete the course in just 4 weeks.

It's very well written, and all the complicated grammar aspects are well explained.

Well worth it's money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Mar 2014
It's really a good book for starters to learn!i have used it to learn Polish for 4 weeks, although I haven't finished the book, because for me I think it's impossible to finish the book within 4 weeks. Anyway it's a nice book

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for me, 7 Feb 2014
This is good book and tape for me because I have a little and I mean little bit of Polish.
I am sure it would help anyone learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polish in 4 Weeks description, 20 Jun 2011
A basic course in Polish designed for beginners, which can also be used for revising basic grammar and vocabulary. Its advantages.

Includes:
- the natural contemporary language of the dialogues,
- typical situations from everyday life,
- an interesting story,
- an easily accessible course in grammar.
- Polish-English Vocabulary.

It is possible for the learner to master the basics of Polish in four weeks, by working their way through all the material contained in the 28 lessons.

Each lesson consists of:
- dialogues with English translations,
- new vocabulary,
- grammatical commentary,
- conversation language in its context,
- exercises.
The book includes short cultural notes which introduce the foreigner
to certain aspects of Polish traditions and customs.
The book is accompanied by a CD with recordings
of all the dialogues.

Shrink-wrapped with CD-ROM (for PC and Mac): all the dialogues are in MP3 format.

Level 2 is also available now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with Mac Lion OS, 17 Feb 2012
Please beware the CD uses PowerPC apps that don't work with the latest Mac operating system, OS X Lion. I am having to return my copy because of this.

17.47