on 1 May 2016
Right. Volume 2 on the "Owl"... Got to get this 'niggle' out of my system, then I can get enthusiastic without feeling guilty with myself. Unlike Vol 1, which was introduced by Eric "Winkle" Brown (his book, 'Wings On My Sleeve", is REALLY worth reading by the way); Vol 2 starts with a couple of unconnected sentences then dives into 'combat stories'. Not 'war stories' (for which I am thankful). Its info section finishes off with a confirmation of where & in what condition the last He219 is in.
Ok. Got that out of the way. Now on to the important bits.
If you are a hardware nut or plastic modeller, or even if you just find the He219 oddley fascinating (guilty on all counts)... You cannot pass up on either this, or Volume 1 (no.49 in the Kagero 'verse). This book has just about all that wasn't in vol 1. More monochrome wartime (and just after) photos of it in conditions good & bad.. AND includes a double sided spread-it-out-on-your-table set of A-2 variant plans in 1/32 scale ! It really IS a Big Bird ;-)
The 3D section which makes up the bulk of the book really does give you views of an aircraft that couldn't be possible otherwise. Very nice internals and the undercart, plus bays, are well covered (as I'd hoped in my note on Vol 1). To be honest, there are much better & more detailed reviews on this page... I do feel as if I'm just wasting your time typing that which others have done in more detail.
I could put it down to distraction.. As in How The H##l can I get enough coins/lead/whatever into Revel's 1/32 scale kit (currently sitting on my bench) to stop it becoming a 'tail-sitter'..? Wish me luck... Bill.
on 13 August 2013
Excellent reference work on an underrated Luftwaffe night fighter. When combined with Volume 1 it provides an excellent reference work.
on 19 July 2013
I am not quite sure if I like this new style from Kagero. For the super detailler modeller, the 3D drawings are superb. But, unlike the pre release blurb, there is no information on the post war Czech aircraft - the real reason I ordered this book in advance.
Overall, there is plenty of information in this book, but I would check to see if it meets your exact needs before purchase.
on 7 July 2015
Just what a modeller wants. If your building any kit of this aircraft, this book is a must for detailing.
Great photo's and 3D graphics.
on 9 December 2013
Eventhough a second hand book it was in perfect condition and absolutely superseeded my expectations I can highly recommend this tradeform