5.0 out of 5 stars Amps pens
I read a few reviews before buying these pens.
I was a bit unsure what to expect as a lot of people seem to have been disappointed by getting wrong pens or pens that don't work.
Published on 8 July 2011 by MoggySOFT

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get what you order!
Two weeks ago, I ordered the Amps pens as per the description but instead got pens branded "Vanker". They do NOT include an eraser pen. I find they write very poorly on my Verbatim DVDs and I keep thinking they've dried out when in fact they are just being temperamental.

Published on 26 Oct 2009 by Reviewer

1.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get what you order!, 26 Oct 2009
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)

Amps product generally seem good value so hopefully the same goes for their pens, but in no way would I recommend the Vanker ones I was sent. Send them straight back for a refund (or Amps replacement) if you get them! I'll not be taking the risk from this retailer agin I'm afraid.

I made my concerns about the incorrect advertising known to TradePriceInks but I note the description and photo remain the same. No mention even that you may get a different brand. (and with no eraser). So I sincerely hope they are only supplying Amps pens from this Amazon page.

Me, I'll go back to Verabtim's own pens which are only a pound more but work far better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, or maybe just below!, 8 Nov 2010
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
These pens are ok. They write, which is their intention and they write well onto CD's and DVD'S - however they are not presice and can look a little "smudgy" when written. I've used much better before. After 10-15 minutes of drying the writing looks thick/smudged and slightly faded.

The pack aso comes with an eraser, which is rubbish. It smudges the writing but does not erase it. So, you can blur the writing to beyond recognition but you cannot completely erase it.

I have used better and would not buy these again.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Good, 4 July 2011
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
No good only 1 pen working rest were all dry! The 1 that worked only worked for a bit then went dry!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with seller, 26 Feb 2011
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
Along with other individuals, I too received the wrong brand of these Pens. It was advertised as AMPS, but I did not receive this brand. When I contacted the Seller, they just said sorry about this and for me to send it back so that they will send me the AMS brand. I just could not be bothered, and having read other reviews it appears they do this quite a bit. However, on the positive side, the pens are good and works on the CDS. Just not happy with the seller!

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, 18 May 2011
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
I was really disappointed with these pens. 2 out of 5 work. The others are just dried up & don't work at all. The make of pens isn't what is advertised. I recieved 'RiDisc' pens. Won't be ordering these items again & would advise anyone else to shop around for a better deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your money, 26 May 2011
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
I know these were cheap .... but you use them once and they dry up.
A complete waste of money ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Amps pens, 8 July 2011
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
I read a few reviews before buying these pens.
I got mine from Fonseca and they are exactly as described, work perfectly (even the eraser, which surprised me) and arrived before My Account at Amazon say's they were even due to be despatched! And at that price! I am well pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy them, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
I opened these pens and every single one had run out before I'd even started using them. They were all dry as if they'd had the lid off!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why Did I Bother.., 15 Dec 2011
Dr. House (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
I thought the convenience of shopping online should be confirmed at all levels of pricing. These pens were ridiculously cheap at 5 for 1.xx - But; I won't repeat that trial any time soon! Although arriving in timely fashion I sensed upon opening the package that they might be last years unsold stock hence the price!

3 pens worked but 1 of the 3 is the white coloured marker, ie the likliest to be least used of the 5. The puzzling thing is, the working 3 are perfect in every sense, so that's why I didn't waste time returning them for refund.

Suggestion to self! Next time just go to the local newsagents!!

UPDATED 1st Feb, 2012:
I suppose it was inevitable, but the working markers are now also dried up. Stick to Sharpies!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD Permanent Marker Pens, 31 Oct 2012
This review is from: 5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens (Electronics)
These were described as a set of 5 CD/DVD Permanent Marker Pens. When they arrived they contained 4 pens (1 red, 1 black, 2 blue) and an eraser. The packaging stated it was "Serena All In 1 Card Reader" !? See [...]

When I opened the package a week after they arrived, both blue pens were bone dry and would not work. These are total rubbish. Save your money and buy from a reputable seller.

I won't do business with these dodgy merchants again, and I suggest you give them a wide berth.

RATING: 1 star, for the "amusing" packaging alone.

5 x CD/ DVD Permanent Marker Pens