Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 May 2009
This book was recommended to me and is a relatively easy read. It's also really enjoyable. It covers asana, pranayama, shatkarma, mudra etc. It really makes the subjects easy to understand - a great read.
on 14 November 2009
I purchased this book in order to deepen my theoretical knowledge of Hatha Yoga. I can only say that for me personally I was glad that I already had several years of Yoga practice to draw upon otherwise I may not have understood this particular book so well. With that said I found this book to be very clear and concise, especially the line drawings and diagrams which illustrate the Yoga positions with accompanied informative text.
on 15 June 2013
I chose this book because I wanted something introductory and easy to follow. This ticks both boxes and more. The layout is clear and concise and there are diagrams too that help to illustrate the postures. It covers all aspects of Hatha yoga, from beginners to advanced, yet it's still a fantastic read for somebody new to the practice. If you're just starting out or have years of experience this is the book for you. Highly recommended!
on 12 July 2013
This is an excellent all round and practical guide to yoga and covers everything from asana's to pranyama to the spiritual side. Recommend if you are doing teaching qualifications too
on 5 May 2014
I simply love Bihar books. Every time I read them I start to realise that there's much more to yoga than asana. The book is well written, language is simple and precise.
on 30 May 2011
This will tell you everything you need to know in depth about the true meaning and understanding of Hatha yoga a good buy thanks
on 11 April 2014
I have recently started to do yoga , this book got good reviews so I ordered , have just started to read a bit heavy but maybe things will become clearer the more I practice !
on 13 March 2014
Fantastic Book, just what i needed, received in great condition, and on time at a great price. left in the shed which helped me.
on 5 June 2011
When doing my Yoga Teacher Training course with the BWY, this book was pretty much at the top of the recommended books list...and for very good reason. If you teach yoga, this is one of those must have resources for yoga teachers. Other great yoga teacher resources include:Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit [DVD], which inludes 1001 Yoga Lesson Planning Tips, Tools & Templates For Yoga Teachers. Yoga Teacher Business Kit [DVD], which inludes 201 Business Tips, Tools & Templates For Yoga Teachers. Quick Yoga Sites [DVD], which shows yoga teachers how to set up a great looking website with zero technical skills. Yoga Studio Business Plan Kit [DVD]which inludes 201 tips, tools and templates to help you build and grow a successful yoga studio.
on 3 February 2015
A must for yoga teacher training students, my other copy of HYP doesn't go into as much detail and very easy to read.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse