on 10 September 2014
This was a great read and very informative. The Bihar School books are some of my favourites, as they are well written and easy to understand.
Packed full of practices for class or personal use. I am a yoga teacher and have used this book as inspiration for my own scripts, as well as using them as they come. This is a great resource for teachers and students of yoga.
on 29 December 2015
Easy to understand, sustained by scientific tests, this method goes beyond the general concept of relaxation; Yoga Nidra gives the key to unlock and free the subconscious and therefore free ourselves; very practical exercises are given which need only be listened to. Highly recommended.
on 16 February 2015
Such a nice introduction to Yoga Nidra. Not only has the author shared valuable personal experiences, but also introduced us historical and scientific insights of Yoga Nidra. The Yoga Nidra scripts are also very useful for me, it helps me relax my mind!
on 12 April 2014
The definitive Yoga Nidra Book. If you are interested in Yoga Nidra, you really should read this book, as it explains what Yoga Nidra really is. I used this book throughout my training as a Yoga Teacher, and user of Yoga Nidra. Highly Recommend.
on 6 December 2012
A revelation. Yes, the additional scientific stuff is hopelessly outdated but it's interesting to see the results of early research results nevertheless.

I only wish there was a CD coming with it to make it practical as well! :)
on 22 March 2013
Several years ago I read a couple of books from the Bihar school, and unfortunately had to return them to their owner. Reading 'Yoga Nidra' has reminded me of the quality of their publications. I have often led my yoga students through a yoga nidra during savasana, but now, having read Yoga Nidra, I am much more aware of what is going on in the process, on different levels. As the book contains several scripts, I will certainly be refining my teaching. I appreciate in particular the Theory section which presents how yoga nidra is affecting brain patterns - information which, though using the language of yoga, is current with western psychiatry and psychoanalysis.
Well recommended if you are exploring yoga nidra, NLP, or similar practices.
on 27 November 2012
As a teacher I was particularly looking for new scripts for the end of my classes. This lovely book provides just that, with an excellent introduction to the purpose and science of Yoga Nidra
on 23 March 2014
Using this book to work with deep relaxation techniques. Absolutely amazing. I see subtle changes everyday in people I apply yoga nidra too.
on 26 October 2013
This book has given me a greater understanding/awareness for my yoga practice. A right book at the right moment for me and I recommend it.
on 3 August 2015
Excellent book and I use the techniques in the book to teach relaxation at the end of every one of my classes.