on 18 May 2012
I have responded to the negative comment of one reviewer, in "comments".

It is very rewarding to know this course is used in schools and colleges in many parts of the world. Though the course title says "for children", the course is equally suited in my opinion (if not more) for adults because an adult needs colours, illustrations, large print, fun and vibrancy - such as I found in this course - to learn and master a foreign language.

I find this course is vibrant and excellent for non-natives of Arabic. It teaches classical and modern Arabic in clear, logical steps and covers an extensive amount. It is beautifully produced. Pages are filled with fun, colourful pictures to aid understanding rules, examples, vocabulary, and lexical and grammatical elements.

I thoroughly enjoyed the copious exercises which are filled with variety and creativity. The conversations are easy and clear to understand and contain the grammar rules learnt in the lesson in an applied and 'every-day' way.

I also appreciate the author's exceptional qualifications which gives me confidence that I have found one of the best teachers for non-Arabs: Dr. V. Abdur Rahim (author) is a Scholar of Arabic who specialises in teaching Arabic to non-natives. He has been teaching Arabic to non-natives for 50 years. He was formerly Professor of Arabic for 30 years at the Islaamic University, Madinah. He has MPhil and PhD degrees in Arabic Philology from the University of al-Azhar (Cairo, Egypt), and majored in English Literature and Language. He is also an expert of European languages. Knowing all this is very rewarding.
on 14 November 2008
Maybe it was my mistake but I bought this book hoping to have lot of activities to practice my Arabic with. Well, it does have a lot of great exercises but you need a teacher to tell you how to do them because there is very little instruction on what you're supposed to do. This would be a fantastic accompaniment to an Arabic course. I just wish they would produce an instruction book for this series for those of us who are unable to access Arabic classes.

PS There are lots of pretty colours and pictures which visual learners will find very helpful! :-)
on 18 April 2016
A good book and very easy to understand for beginners!!
on 4 April 2016