Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 January 2010
A brilliant fun read- anyone who has lived in india will see friends, families and traditions throughout the book, a great bit of insight!!
on 23 March 2014
The upcoming movie based on this book inspired me to read the book. I must say I have been pleasantly surprised. I found it easy to read and connect with. The cultural elements underlying the plot really come out well. The author has painted a reasonably believable picture with words not just about the cultures but also about the physical settings.

This was an enjoyable read and kept me engaged. Would recommend it to anybody looking for some light hearted fun and easy read.

After readying the book, I am so looking forward to the movie! Would like to read some other works from the author as well now.
on 10 May 2014
Witty, inspiring, melancholic, thought provoking...there are a few adjectives to describe the book.
It's not everyday you get a chance to read about a rebellion, that culminates in a happy ending...as rebellions invariably have sad ending by their nature...you are bound to make someone unhappy by rejecting the "norm". But here, Chetan manages a masterpiece by doing the unthinkable...he asks us to walk that extra mile...consider the extra effort in reconciling with the enemy (the other clan in this book).
Thank you for the brilliant effort Chetan...and I'm do not merely refer to his writing.
on 11 August 2010
Excellent book. One can relate to it quite easily if you had to deal with type of marriage contained in the book. The book contained humour & sadness.
on 9 March 2014
Not the greatest piece of writing you'll ever see. Having married into a Punjabi origin family and a being non Punjabi myself, some of the situations in the book made me laugh because they rang so true. I can see how Bhagat's no frills, humorous style of writing is a hit with many and this book serves its purpose well as a light hearted read to fill the time.
on 28 July 2010
Quite an interesting read. Very funny description of the 'exaggerated' local traits. Enjoyed it immensely. Indians tend to take themselves too seriously and this is one book which has tried to move away from that mindset and show things in a lighthearted manner.
on 13 August 2011
This is a masterpiece, and from the moment you start reading you can't put the book down! Very Bollywood inspired but nevertheless it's a great book and you can relate to most of the characters in some way. A must have!
on 12 October 2010
The writer seems to have captured the spirit of modern Indians very well. Well written and easy to read.
on 12 April 2016
I totally loved the book. It made me laugh. Read the book. Then watched the movie.

As this was a short read it took me 1.5 days days to read it.

As I got this book on a weekday. Had it been weekend then a few hours at the most.
on 15 October 2013
This book is so realistic that its sometimes scary to read. Chetan Bhagat is an awesome writer and this book just adds to his wonderful collection. The realism is so nice and great to read.