4.0 out of 5 stars works well, missing \ and | chars
Just received this and given it a quick run on an XP system. Seems to work well but it is missing the '\' (backslash) and '|' (pipe) chars, usually on the key to the left of the Z key on a UK keyboard. I was expecting this as it has been mentioned on reviews of same/similar products.

For everyone else's info, you can generate these chars in Windows by holding...
Published on 14 Oct 2010 by colin_froggatt@acuma.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Masking Tape And Missing Keys
Published on 11 Aug 2011 by Determined Consumer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, missing \ and | chars, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: USB 1.1 TO TWIN PS2 ADAPTOR CABLE 0.2m KEYBOARD / MOUSE (Electronics)

For everyone else's info, you can generate these chars in Windows by holding down the Alt key and typing the char ASCII code on the num pad (not the main k/b numbers). Ensure num-lock is on. So:

'|' is ALT-124
'\' is ALT-92

Otherwise its excellent and saves me having buy a USB keyboard when I'm working on someone else's system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Newlink USB to PS/2 Cable Adaptor, 31 July 2009
D. Nicoll (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I needed to connect my old keyboard and mouse to a new PC with only a USB connection. This handy little cable did the job with no problem at all. Simply connected up and switched on (PC running XP operating system) and was up and running in minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheap way to reuse your PS/2 keyboard and mouse, 8 Dec 2009
Mr. Richard Oliver "RickOliver" (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
The device is truly plug and play - it works transparently to the user and it didn't cost much at all. The adapter occupies one USB slot, and shares it between mouse and keyboard. I've used it with my Mac Mini rather than buy an expensive mouse and keyboard to replace what I already own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent VFM, great little product., 18 Aug 2012
Mr. Warren Gill (Guildford, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this so I can access the BIOS of my PC because since I installed a SSD the PC boots too quickly for my wireless keyboard to access it, also the new motherboard doesn't have the old legacy PS/2 socket on it so rendering my old wired (standby) keyboards useless until now.

This 1,14 piece of wire has allowed me to use my old keyboards again and get into my PCs BIOS without any hassle, this is the cheapest price I can find anywhere including Ebay where it's an extra 1,35 or more for exactly the same useful item.

So if you have done an upgrade and haven't got the old legacy socket on your new PC but want to keep your old wired keyboard get one of these as at 1,14 it's a no brainer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Masking Tape And Missing Keys, 11 Aug 2011
I needed this unit to get my old Key Tronic keyboard working. Have lived with this product for several months now (daily use). The unit is not that well made. The shell opened up so I wrapped it in masking tape. Problem fixed. The USB connector does not seem to be quite the right size for my (otherwise fine) PC USB connectors. It kept falling out or not connecting. I plugged in a USB extender, and wrapped the connection in masking tape. Problem fixed. The '|' and '\' keys don't work so I use ALT 124 and Alt 92. Problem kind of fixed. The Caps Lock AND Scroll Lock lights don't work but the Num Lock light works most of the time. Not a problem. Otherwise its fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 19 Dec 2012
I wasn't sure about this when I bought it, but it works fine and has allowed me to connect a keyboard I like using to my new laptop.

Amazing price, and saved me hunting around for a new keyboard. Well pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and it shows, 16 Dec 2012
The cable doesn't work even after realigning the bent pins when received new. Tried on Windows 7. Disappointing purchase. Oh well it was only a quid. Just dont get it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., 14 Dec 2012
I have windows 7 and needed a cable so that I could use my trusty ball mouse fitted with a PS2 plug. This cable seemed to fit the bill, but unfortunately my computer refuses to recognize it and I cannot find any drivers on the web. It may well work for other configurations, but not mine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy and Unreliable, 7 Dec 2012
R. A. Peel "Robert Peel" (London) - See all my reviews
This device is flimsy - the cover over the soldered joints is quite loose. More importantly the device unreliable. It works OK with one of my computers (not the one I bought it for); it won't work at all with a second computer; and with a third it works for a while and then stops working until the computer is rebooted. So I've stopped using it. Can't be bothered sending it back for the price paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me, 5 Jun 2012
It is amazing that this quality product can be sold delivered for this price. Just bought a second one. The short stubby ones out there did not work for me

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›