4.0 out of 5 stars House of 1000 corpses, Love it
A horror masterpiece by one of metals biggest icons. A film very much in the vien of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre(even mentioning the famous Ed Gein) but taken to a higher level. Based around a fictional tale about Dr satan, a medical surgeon who takes a fancy to experimenting on his patient in bizarre ways. This leads a group of youngsters to investigate the tale to cure...
Published on 24 Feb 2004 by bambos8

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag really... mainly, of different body parts
This is an odd film really that I had high hopes for. I saw Rob Zombies sequel to this, called the 'The Devils Rejects' and loved it - I was really blown away by it, so when I found out about this, essentially what is part 1, I had to see it. Sadly it doesn't compete on any level... other than the fact it has Sheri Moon in it. Sheri Moon = Hubba Hubba.

This...
Published on 13 Feb 2011 by The Truth

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing :(, 23 May 2006
I didn't realise when I seen the Devils Rejects (of which I am a big fan), that it was a sequel to this, so when I found out I ordered it straight away and couldn't wait to watch it. But it was a let down :(

Its boring and hard to follow to say the least, give this one a miss.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the WORST movie I have ever watched!!!, 20 Mar 2004
For the sake of all that is good, do not watch this film, you will only be dissappointed. I approached this film with cautious optimism when I watched it but as soon as I discovered that the plot followed the same, VERY tired concept of college kids out of their depth I knew I was in for a dull watch. Things only proceeded downhill further. The afore-mentioned story is unoriginal, it seems various themes from a number of prevoius movies were mish-mashed together. The sub-standard group of nobodies "acting" also do nothing to entertain with the dialogue hammy and patchy at best. Rob Zombie's directing is severely lacking and he seems more interested in getting the widest spectrum of colours. The cut screens which are meant to give insight into characters, but only service to annoy sum my last point up best of all.
Overall, if I could have given this film a negative rating I would have but alas, 1 star is the least it can get.
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars House of 1000 corpses!, 6 Feb 2006
By A Customer
If I could put no stars for this film I would, it was awful. The best bit was the end when the credits came up. It made 'Creep' look like a masterpiece. It had no plot, no real storyline, it wasn't scary or gorey and I couldn't wait for it to end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Top trash!, 11 Jan 2004
House of 1000 corpses basically borrows the idea of the texas chainsaw massacre but with more gore and blood...and of course, more corpses. 4 kids get into a little trouble after running into a friendly (if a little creepy) young lady who takes them to the 'house' where the rest of her f****d up family are. After this, there is no way out as one by one they get tortured and killed. The film has nothing new to add to the horror genre, but hey, it was made by Rob Zombie, so what the hell did you expect. Overall the film is lame and not even scary so don't bother wasting your time or money on this piece of trash. Watch the texas chainsaw massacre instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars House of a 1000 corpses, 2 Nov 2005
By A Customer
cant believe after all the hype what a truley bad film not scarey not gorey and the sound track is only so so. trust me try cannabal halocaust for a truley disturbing film

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH, 13 July 2004
By A Customer
I knew after ten minutes that renting this film was a mistake. It is a poor rehash of other low budget horror poorly executed.Stoned fifteen year old may like it but for a film fan it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars evil, vile,drivel, 6 Jun 2008
one of the worst films ive ever seen,rob zombie may be a decent musician but he's no director based on this vile film

1.0 out of 5 stars HOUSE OF A THOUSAND NAFFS, 9 July 2004
Watched it, hated it. It came accross to me as nothing more than a director who got given a load of money and was told "GO HAVE SOME FUN". The charectors are good enough and the effects aren't bad but, whats it all about? I mean really, when I was doing film studies me and my mates came up with something far better and scary. House of a 1000 corpses was pathetic, I can't see why it got such rave reviews! MISS IT, you wont miss a thing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unadulterated Drivvle, 18 Jun 2007
M. Westall "MAWESTALL" (BALLYMENA. N.I.) - See all my reviews
Avoid this movie like the plague. Have a game of cards or read a book rather than waste time watching this keek !

1.0 out of 5 stars YUCK, 10 May 2006
G. M. Petzl "Gaby" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Yikes, this movie is bad!!!

I have been a fan of horror for a very long time, but this movie made me doubt my love for horror for the first time. It just seemed to go on forever and I was glad when it was over.

I do have to say that Captain Spaulding is a very cool character and the Fish boy scene was my favourite part in the movie, but otherwise it as just a waste of time, especially the last part of the movie with Dr Satan's underground lair.

Watch the 'Devil's Rejects' instead, Rob Zombie's second movie, now that was brilliant!